Honored Contributor

So speaking of old time shampoos & hair products ...

how did you wear your hair in high school? I have perfectly straight hair which was an advantage later on but in high school I needed it curled because I wore it either in a pageboy or a flip. Actually only wore it under on the days I just could not get it to flip. I hardly teased it so it was just a soft flip. On those awful days it would not do anything else - there was always the pony tail.

Trusted Contributor

Re: So speaking of old time shampoos & hair products ...

I never had an actual style. It was just a pony tail or something simple. My high school was in the late 90s to early 2000s though, I can't actually think of anyone who wore an actual trendy style now that I'm thinking about it. I guess I'm in the wrong era for school days hair. 

Honored Contributor

Best percentage of the time was a bob but for special, hey a french twist... 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

I had a Mullet LOL  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wore a bubble or a flip, Slept in rollers every night, and used Breck ,or Prell ,shampoo

Super Contributor

I think I was the only girl in my high school with a pixie cut.  Boys hade longer hair than I did.

But I still have short hair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite hair-do was a flip on one side and a page boy  the rest of the way around — so  sophisticated😏

Mostly though my hair was kept short, slightly teased, with little curls in front of my ears.  I used a wad of cotton under my bangs as they dried — a trick I learned from Marlo Thomas.

Trusted Contributor

My mother insisted I wear my hair in a “feather cut”.  It was worn short with my natural waves and curls-completely out of style! Those were the days of Sonny and Cher, when Cher’s long straight hair and bangs in her eyes were very much in style!

Honored Contributor

A bob.

Respected Contributor

For the perfect flip, I slept on brush rollers every night.