Honored Contributor

Re: So irritated with medical center...

@Silver Lining   Yes!

Respected Contributor

She's right - when you call for appt they are supposed to tell you.  I just had my 3rd one bc I need to have them every 5 years bc of meds I'm on.  Each time I have gotten a phone message left on my landline a week before and I also get a text message the day before on my cellphone otherwise I'd NEVER remember.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had two bone density tests.  I don't remember much about the first one but I was given directions to stop my calcium supplements for the one I had done two years ago.

As far as mammograms, my center has the wipes in case you forgot and wore  deodorant and also has deodorant wipes after you're done.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I am on the one year plan for bones and they seem to place the instructions as a note on the appointment confirmation on the portal.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure it's an oversight.

Guess we should all ask if there's any prep we need to know about before we show up for procedures.  We usually get handed paperwork to read so we are forewarned about such stuff.  We've been lucky so far.

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of years ago, I was scheduled for an ultrasound. I was never told that for this particular procedure, I had to have an empty stomach. When the tech asked me if
I had eaten and then told me I shouldn't have, I was angry, especially since my appointment was scheduled for close to noontime. I returned for an early morning appointment and it went fine but I was really annoyed.

Honored Contributor

so annoying---had a heart dr appt to go over my blood labs once---and they weren't back yet---no one called me about that . so he wasted his time, my money and time chit chatting about how he is fed up with the way the ins co runs things----I left , had to go get new labs done and then I fired that guy and found a new dr.

Then went in to an ortho dr on 'Thursday and ,HOLY COW, so many old people milling around there  without any direction from the desk--they had masks on but the distancing was not there and few hand sanitizers around-- and these folks are the ones most vulnerable----I'm no spring chicken but found the most isolated place to sit---I usually get a survey after an appt about how mine was--going to tell them that it was not good. 

Honored Contributor

As of today, I have received TWO calls from the medical center about my appointment on Monday...'be sure not to take your calcium'....ha, ha..if only they would have told me that last week.  Oh well...Monday's appointment should go better!

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't re-do it.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I was scheduled for a bone scan today, I have had several so it is not a new experience for me...very easy test.  

As the technician was asking me routine questions, she also asked when I last took my calcium and vitamin D...I replied this morning.   She checked and I could not have the scan today as the meds are to be out of your system 24 hoours before the test!  I have never had anyone tell me that before and as mentioned this is not my first scan.

I was polite but she knew I was angry...no one ever told me that...she

Really glad you posted this.  I have never been told this....