Respected Contributor

Re: So glad "Super Tuesday" in Ohio is almost over!

@hckynut wrote:

@2blonde

And others. Do you have a DVR? If not, DVD recorders are darned cheap to purchase. You must remember that this is only the "Primary" season, and will cycle back around until November.

We DVR every single TV program we want to watch. I started with a Time Shifting/Recording device(VHS/VCR) back in the late 1960's. I only see "ads/commercials" that I choose to watch. Why so many that DO have Recording Devices do not use them to free them from watching political ads they do not like, escapes me?

Some people I know personally have said things similar to the OP of this thread to me. I give them the same suggestion, some I know have a DVR, and leave it at that, until? I hear the same story again. My conclusion about these people I know personally?

They like to complain about it instead of solving the issues they say annoy them.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut  Yes I have a DVR., and I use it every day.  I do, however, like to watch the news live in the mornings when I'm getting ready for work and after work when I'm having dinner.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I DVR many shows too but I watch GMA in the morning while getting ready and it's one political ad after the other.  Same with trying to watch our local news.

Honored Contributor

You can't even watch the news,it is all about T!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

goldensrbest wrote:

Tell me about it!  For that exact reason I have also stopped watching any news or anything peripheral to news.   So awful  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Ads would be ok if the person just calmly said what they would like to do and how they are going to do it.  I think people are  tired of people just complaining about what other people are  doing. I do like to watch the results in the evening.  I am loving watching Rachel Maddow and the crew with her. 

Honored Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

we should all have our primaries/caucases on the same day...get it over with. Its getting old fast.

I have thought and said the same thing myself.

But then I realize that what we do in caucus and primary season in state driven, which puts control and power back into the state (as opposed to federal) level and then I question if we should tamper with that, as the states have already lost most of their power.

In some ways it doesn't seem prudent or fair, they way we handle primary season, but in other ways, it gives us a long time and a good look at candidates, see how they hold up under the pressure, how they change (or don't) their positions, stories, etc. 

Sometimes seems like a pretty painful process, but perhaps that is a good thing, or at least has some good aspects to it.

Trusted Contributor

I live in Ohio,. I watch the local nightly news. Other than a couple news stories and some reporters in the field, I didn't see any political stories or ads as overwhelming. 

And let's face it, every 4 years we are going to have those Super Pacs running those nasty ads aimed at candidates they want you to hate. While I don't mind a candidate's team running a spot on what they bring to the table, I do wish they could outlaw all the ugly spots the PACs run. No one checks the validity of them and some people listen to anything they hear and take it as gospel. By the comments on FB, many people don't even know why they hate someone, they're just part of the pack.

I'm proud to have the convention here. They are redoing our downtown area into a nice green space with fountains, benches, trees, plans look beautiful. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

He is news