Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

as some may remember I sat with my grandson last year thru virtual kindergarten. Well now I'm in virtual first grade, school started yesterday (8/22) and it's going to be another interesting year ! Woman LOL   I was surprised with the class size (20) figured more children would be back in regular school but many parents are still very concerned as are my grandson's parents and I understand the concern for these little ones. There's even a second 1st grade class doing virtual learning with about the same number of children. These little ones are busy asking questions, interrupting the teacher to show their pets and all kinds of toys and there are parents sitting right next to them !  It's only the 2nd day of class !!  Whew ! my head is already spinning. Hats off to the teachers !!  I've had to tell my grandson to pay attention to the teacher a couple of times as well. All prayers welcome here !! Woman LOL 

virtual schooling is a terrible idea. My property taxes didn't decline when my district adapted a partial remote learning system. I emailed my local representative to alert them of the sham that some districts are running. Teachers are paid to be in the classroom and children belong in school not at a kitchen table.

Honored Contributor

I have read what children need as if all children are the same. Not all children need to be in a classroom. What about children who are bullied? Do they benefit from being exposed to classroom bullies everyday? A lot depends on the family, children with parents/grandparents who are available and capable provide an alternate educational experience that can be as beneficial to a child as a classroom, sometimes more beneficial.