Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@Kachina624wrote:

I'm very surprise that they're still doing virtual school, especially in elementary school.  Social interaction is so important for children this age and they've already missed one year.

As a grandma, you must have the patience of Job.

I'm totally exhausted after only 2 days but  it's what I need to do to keep my grandson safe. He has not been vaccinated yet and his pediatrician has told his parents that they are seeing residual heart problems in boys his age after having the covid vaccination. Of course they are concerned and waiting until the doctor gives the ok for him to get vaccinated.  My daughter works from home but is unable to sit with him for the entire day.  They have made it very comfortable for me to sit, bought me a comfortable seat cushion for my chair, diabetic snacks, comfy house shoes etc so I am being well cared for. 

You are fortunate that the school district is still offering the option of virtual learning. That is not the case in many states.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

Wow...not sure where you are but that's crazy; your grandson should be IN school...my teens have gotten Covid at least twice, basically a bad cold, and were back in school...it's not going anywhere, are you going to do this forever?  What a shame.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@Kachina624wrote:

I'm very surprise that they're still doing virtual school, especially in elementary school.  Social interaction is so important for children this age and they've already missed one year.

As a grandma, you must have the patience of Job.

I'm totally exhausted after only 2 days but  it's what I need to do to keep my grandson safe. He has not been vaccinated yet and his pediatrician has told his parents that they are seeing residual heart problems in boys his age after having the covid vaccination. Of course they are concerned and waiting until the doctor gives the ok for him to get vaccinated.  My daughter works from home but is unable to sit with him for the entire day.  They have made it very comfortable for me to sit, bought me a comfortable seat cushion for my chair, diabetic snacks, comfy house shoes etc so I am being well cared for. 

What?! The dr. said there's 'residual heart problems' and they still want him to get the 'vaccine'? I guess logic isn't a strong suit for some. Poor kid.

Respected Contributor

fwiw - On another forum I frequent, there's an online teacher that has shared that it's obvious some parents prefer the online/home school to hide the abuse the kids are being subjected to. This virtual option is not always a good thing.

Respected Contributor

Many states are still offering virtual learning through public schools and I don't think it's only due to covid although covid brought it to the forefront. There are many families who have there own reasons for this type of learning. Online learning has been around for many years

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

fwiw - On another forum I frequent, there's an online teacher that has shared that it's obvious some parents prefer the online/home school to hide the abuse the kids are being subjected to. This virtual option is not always a good thing.

@ThinkingOutLoud  Lots of homeschoolers around. I do believe some do it to hide abuse, others don't believe in traditional learning. Some different religions don't want what's taught in public schools taught to their children. I'm not talking about the situation of the op. Just that it's not such a rare thing.

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud  wrote: wiw - On another forum I frequent, there's an online teacher that has shared that it's obvious some parents prefer the online/home school to hide the abuse the kids are being subjected to. This virtual option is not always a good thing.

Well I don't know what other parents are doing but this little boy is loved and well cared for. The children appear healthy and are all talking and appear happy from what I see on the monitor. As a retired nurse I will continue to be there for my grandson and his parents. He is a very smart little guy, He was an A student last yr and I'm sure he will do just as well this yr. I had not heard about the concern of abuse and if that does happen I hope the people doing that will be identified and dealth with.

Honored Contributor

My head would be spinning too if I attended a virtual class with twenty kids. Have fun! I'm not judging the parent's decision.  

Respected Contributor

@AuntG  wrote:

My head would be spinning too if I attended a virtual class with twenty kids. Have fun! I'm not judging the parent's decision.  

Thanks
Regular Contributor

playroom through a computer, that’s real healthy