Respected Contributor

as some may remember I sat with my grandson last year thru virtual kindergarten. Well now I'm in virtual first grade, school started yesterday (8/22) and it's going to be another interesting year ! Woman LOL   I was surprised with the class size (20) figured more children would be back in regular school but many parents are still very concerned as are my grandson's parents and I understand the concern for these little ones. There's even a second 1st grade class doing virtual learning with about the same number of children. These little ones are busy asking questions, interrupting the teacher to show their pets and all kinds of toys and there are parents sitting right next to them !  It's only the 2nd day of class !!  Whew ! my head is already spinning. Hats off to the teachers !!  I've had to tell my grandson to pay attention to the teacher a couple of times as well. All prayers welcome here !! Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

I'm very surprise that they're still doing virtual school, especially in elementary school.  Social interaction is so important for children this age and they've already missed one year.

As a grandma, you must have the patience of Job.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

I'm very surprise that they're still doing virtual school, especially in elementary school.  Social interaction is so important for children this age and they've already missed one year.

As a grandma, you must have the patience of Job.

I'm totally exhausted after only 2 days but  it's what I need to do to keep my grandson safe. He has not been vaccinated yet and his pediatrician has told his parents that they are seeing residual heart problems in boys his age after having the covid vaccination. Of course they are concerned and waiting until the doctor gives the ok for him to get vaccinated.  My daughter works from home but is unable to sit with him for the entire day.  They have made it very comfortable for me to sit, bought me a comfortable seat cushion for my chair, diabetic snacks, comfy house shoes etc so I am being well cared for. 

Honored Contributor

I'm shocked that they are doing remote learning anywhere in this country.  The worst of the pandemic is long behind us.  

Respected Contributor

Children must be in the classroom with decent teachers. Once behind it is hard to catch up. There are so many terrible things happening to our children by having remote learning. Children handle covid very well, not being in the classroom is much worse. With all due respect are you going to sit next to him for the rest of his life because covid will be here forever.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm shocked that they are doing remote learning anywhere in this country.  The worst of the pandemic is long behind us.  

No kidding! This is so ridiculous!! Parents need to do their research about the virus, the 'vaccine' (why would anyone take it at this point?!) and the harm done due to lack of social interaction. smh

Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud  wrote: No kidding! This is so ridiculous!! Parents need to do their research about the virus, the 'vaccine' (why would anyone take it at this point?!) and the harm done due to lack of social interaction. smh

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and parents have a choice. I would love for my grandson to be in a school building and that may be coming in a few months or so or maybe not until next year, it's his parents decision to make along with his pediatrician. The children do interact with each other through a virtual play room so it's not like there is absolutely no interaction. I appreciate your feedback but it's the parents decision. There are many many families who feel this is the best thing for them at this time

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Just curious, does your grandson attend public or private school? I would be very surprised to hear that public schools are still offering virtual learning. 

Respected Contributor

@ninjawifewrote: just curious, does your grandson attend public or private school? I would be very surprised to hear that public schools are still offering virtual learning. 

Public School

Honored Contributor
Kids have attended online homeschooling for many years.