Esteemed Contributor

Re: Snow photos (share yours)

This is the best I could do.................  Jan/1977

(Source: Miami Herald)

Regular Contributor

We're in the South too, usually but we're visiting kin in Iowa and snow pictures will be everywhere!  :-)

Regular Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

Earlier a quick front passed over, and on a whim decided to snap a pic of snow flakes. Manged to get a lucky micro shot of this one on my sleeve. First time ever really looking at snowflakes, and very first time attempting to snap a pic of one.

qvc.png

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

Thanks for your photos! The snowflake photo was a lucky shot. Nothing fancy, just a small digital camera (Nikon Cool Pix L610, I don't even know if they still make it) set on micro or the little flower icon.

I was about to go out and breath in the snow....snow makes the air smell so fresh to me....and something said to look at the flakes as they fell on my arms. I was amazed that they looked like snowflakes! I mean, normally snow is so fast moving through that the flakes are clusters or ice. I didn't expect to be able to see a snowflake as they look in animation, or what we cut out, without a microscope or something.

So I ran in and grabbed the camera. Luckily I was well bundled up...I wanted my winter stuff to get a taste of winter. I know lame, but snow is a rare treat here, so I wanted everything to "taste" snow, literally...as the flakes fell on to me they didn't melt instantly. Giving me the chance to take a photo.

My sister, who lives in Charleston, SC, managed to take a photo of a snowflake on her tail light using the App Scope on her phone. I bought them for my niece and I, she fell in love with it, so I gave her mine and bought another set.

pamflake.png 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ane1Care  

Amazing close-ups of the snowflakes!  They're really beautiful.  I'm not sure my camera can do that but you've inspired me to try.