Esteemed Contributor

I did really well for the first month but then some stress set in and I gained.  I'm now in a better frame of mind and am planning to drop what I gained (and more)!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

For me dessert only means pumpkin pie in November, when I live on it for a week or so.  The rest of the year I skip it.

Most snacks have too much sugar or salt.  Figure if I wouldn't feed them to my dogs, I sure don't want to eat them.

Respected Contributor

Re: Since The Virus........

[ Edited ]

Actually, having the opposite problem - don't want to eat, nothing tastes good, I wake up with knots in my stomach, I guess due to stress and worry.  DH noticed I've lost weight, but I'm a chubbo, so it doesn't hurt. Woman Wink

Worry about my brother (who has been in a nursing home for an extended period), my BIL who had a brain tumor removed several weeks ago, my sister and SIL that can't visit them and last but NOT least my DH who has several high-risk factors...and we're all over 65.

My thing is sweets, but DH is diabetic and we don't keep them around.  So I take my meds and vitamins, daily doses of V-8 and some cranberry juice blends, and try to eat something decent every day (lately scrambled eggs).

Yet another thing that verifies I'm WEIRD!   And now you'll all hate me!  Woman Wink

Denise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I allow myself a few things I crave like chips and cookies and maybe a candy bar. But I am careful to not have too many.   I keep up my daily exercises and have not gained and Im thankful for that. I still work on eating healthy! 

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

For me dessert only means pumpkin pie in November, when I live on it for a week or so.  The rest of the year I skip it.

Most snacks have too much sugar or salt.  Figure if I wouldn't feed them to my dogs, I sure don't want to eat them.

Interesting concept...we shouldn't eat food that we wouldn't give a dog.

Respected Contributor

With nothing much else to do or look forward to I am eating lots of sugar cookies and drinking wine starting around 5 pm everyday. Granted my wine is watered down with ice and sparkling water. Yep I'll deal with my extra pounds soon enough. Off topic I got my Anybody TSV jumpsuit a couple of days ago and it's huge so I have room to eat more cookies and drink more wine 😄

Esteemed Contributor

My husband is home more and I seem to be cooking more and we have both gained weight. Usually, in the summer we lose weight, because we are more active ouside. This year is just not like that.

I also seem to have more of a sweet tooth lately.

Honored Contributor

Yes I have been eating more than I should when it comes to sweets over the last few months.  It's a battle so I've made up my mind to stop the last two weeks. 

Right now I'm trying to do intermittent fasting by eating from 12-7pm.  Nothing after that and keeping my carb intake low if I can.  (I do weaken at times).

Back in February I joined a gym and was going faithfully until I couldn't.  I acturally enjoyed going 3-4 xs a week but then everything suddenly shut down in March and I have no desire to work out at home. 

I know I need to work on that but mentally the news makes me too upset to want to walk and exercise at home...wish I could get over that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started sheltering at home March 1st and did snack more than usual...tried to stay w/ popcorn I made myself (olive oil & no salt), veggies, etc. but when DH went to store and said shelves were becoming bare, I started purchasing and  snacking from nerves. After 2 wks., I realized I was eating things I never do, I refused to have them in the house. 

Now I'm back to cut up veggies (always cut and ready), hummus, low fat mozzarella cheese and filling up on water infused with cut up fruit kept in frig. I freeze banana slices and roast chickpeas to pop like peanuts watching tv (protein rich snack). 

***If I keep all my healthy choices available, I don't have the issue now. I'm walking a lot more just to get out. Molly has lost weight, a good thing, but I've dropped some pounds and clothing is a little loose. 

Respected Contributor

Yep

I was not a cookie eater but now I eat Oreos.

Always had a clean house, then went sterile due to the virus.

Came to the conclusion sterile is not my thing.

Always dislike doing nothing.

Now I dislike doing anything.

So tea time comes once an hour or so with an Oreo.