Honored Contributor

Re: Sick of hearing how busy everyone is,,,busy moms etc....

@turtle52 wrote:

Also they always say "busy moms". Other people are busy too. 

Yes indeed.  I hate when they say that, if only mothers are busy.  Like everyone else lives a life of leisure.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet ...totally agree with you, my mom had 5 kids, worked, fixed a meal every night, etc.

My good friend has a son that recently married...oh my, she does not cook!  He does cook, mostly on the grill but it is a bit of an issue...she also does not clean much. 

We really like his wife, very nice, good mother, professional job....but cooking and cleaning are not her thing, and she has a child! 

Respected Contributor

Over the years I have heard how busy every one in my life is. I am slower than most everyone I have known. I have what they have done. Just slower.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Wow, am I the only one happy with their life? There is so much complaining on here its almost unreadable.

@ID2 I am happy with my life.  But I have issues and pressures that grind on me daily and keep me up at night.  I have a good life, but I have issues with an elderly mother that we can't resolve and there is no good answer to at this point--and sometimes I feel like it is taking my life away. 

I hang on to my faith that it will work out, and faith keeps me and hubby going dealing with this.  We have many blessings and are happy, but then there is this. . . and sometime I believe faith will find a way although we can't see it now. 

Respected Contributor

@Mumof2  We share similar stories. I was at my mom's when she was in her 80's & my brother called her after 2 weeks. He said he hadn't called because he was "busy." This excuse had been going on for years, and my mom finally said, "Nonsense! You work 1 job and go home to a clean house and dinner. Don't ever say that to me again!"

I was shocked she said something. I took the phone and told him, "You don't know what 'busy' is. I couldn't agree with Mom more. As a single parent, I work full-time, care for my child, clean my own house, cook, and finished 2 masters degrees. That's busy. There's no spouse to clean up after me, cook for me, run errands, or anything else. And I still find time to call Mom each night and visit on Saturday. Busy doesn't fly with me either."

My brother stayed silent. LOL

He never used that excuse again.

I think there are times when responsibilities might pile up more than others, but they're temporary. There's always time for the people we love.

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Wow, am I the only one happy with their life? There is so much complaining on here its almost unreadable.

@ID2 

Nope! Couldn't be happier.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

People have time if they want to, barring any sort of emergency, or some such.

My gosh look at all the "labor saving" devices people have nowadays. That was how everything was peddled and sold to people, so....LOL I sound like I'm posting from the 1930s.............Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Never been happier or more at peace....busy or not has nothing to do with it.

Frequent Contributor

Someday when you are old and no longer busy as a beaver you will wish you had those busy times back they are the best times of your life.

Trusted Contributor

@turtle52 wrote:

Also they always say "busy moms". Other people are busy too. 

Yes.  I'm not a mom.  So, when I hear someone say "busy mom" I always think so, what am I?  Chopped liver?  It's insulting.