Honored Contributor

Re: Sick of hearing how busy everyone is,,,busy moms etc....

There is a lot of complaining about stuff you'd have to be looking to complain about to even think of it to even mention it.

I see it as an place where unhappy people can gripe.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with you.  Things are easier today so no one should say they are so busy.   Like one poster said, busy checking social media sites.    Life fifty years ago, I think, was sometimes better.  Not so frenetic.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mom always talks about when she was sick  she still had to take care of her kids. Today is seams they call someone else in to take care of them when they are sick. Or they tend to get people to do the jobs they just don’t want to do. Moms have it so much easier to day with online or delivery grocery. Imagine not having to drag kids into the store anymore. I know a lot parents are not  like this but moms today have no clue. They have it easy with technology and other things.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

My mom always talks about when she was sick  she still had to take care of her kids. Today is seams they call someone else in to take care of them when they are sick. Or they tend to get people to do the jobs they just don’t want to do. Moms have it so much easier to day with online or delivery grocery. Imagine not having to drag kids into the store anymore. I know a lot parents are not  like this but moms today have no clue. They have it easy with technology and other things.

You can't be serious.  

Moms have no clue and have it easy with technology?  Oh, brother.  

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday  The Moms I know work. If their child is sick they must find someone to take care of the child as the Mom must go to work. As for housekeeping, I see the Dad helping the Mother with it. Maybe the folks by you do what you have stated, but not the people I know.

Valued Contributor

I also find the term "I am so busy" amusing. Yes, we all have differing levels of what is important to us. What we find that is important gets done. My sister who has no kids, no marriage, and always had a well paying job says she is busy all the time. My husband and I actually have a joke about this now. My adult children also claim to be too busy to clean the house or take care of the kids but when I see them they are laying around on the couch because they are tired. Both are too busy and too tired to lead a normal, healthy life and for that I am grateful that I have the opposite point of view. We all do what we value. Not a reason to bash anyone else, we have to find acceptance and maybe humor. They don't call because they don't want to, mine do the same. 

Valued Contributor

People think that their lives and busy schedules are more important than yours! NOT TRUE