Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sick of hearing how busy everyone is,,,busy moms etc....

I have learned when someone tells me I'm too busy they are too busy for me.  

Honored Contributor

I think a little more grace is needed and remembering that we likely have never been perfect either.
Trusted Contributor

the simple fact is, not everyone is built the same way. some are capable, and others have a more difficult time getting things done. not everyone's superpower is multi tasking. 

Honored Contributor

It's just a meaningless thing the hosts say to be " relatable".   They need to get rid of some of these dumb expressions, they are stale. Sometimes it seems like a competition, who is the busiest. 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

We didn't have to check Twitter, Instagram, etc. every few minutes.Woman LOL

I still don't, and I'm busy too.

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I think a little more grace is needed and remembering that we likely have never been perfect either.

@bikerbabe I think you missed the point. The OP is not talking about people that have a hard time coping. She is simply sick of the phrase "too busy". 

I agree with her since most of the stuff many are busy with is self imposed. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Geez Louise!

It is ONLY a sale pitch!

It isn't meant to diminish anything you have accomplished, went through etc!

It isn't directed at anyone in particular!

Don't take it so personal!  It is just a spiel!

I'm sure they have done mkting research that indicates it makes them 'relatable', clearly it doesn't to some of you.

I really don't dwell on what the hosts are saying.

Respected Contributor

The OP's mention of the cell phone brought to mind that a lot who think they are busy are actually spending large amounts of time on their phones. A huge chunk of the day can be lost checking social media, watching animal videos, and sending mindless texts. These people are busy but not in a traditionally productive way.

Respected Contributor

I do believe there are certain times in our life we are busier than other times.  Might be  it takes us longer to get thngs done too as time goes on.  Maybe our outlook too.

I still work and my weekend are always busy.  I like it that way too.

Sales pitch and I do believe these ladies are very busy.  Much more than I am.

Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

I have learned when someone tells me I'm too busy they are too busy for me.  

Exactly. That's what I feel. Everyone is "busy" with all kinds of things. But as someone else said here...you absolutely MAKE time for things and people that are a priority to you. Of course it ebbs and flows the kind of time we can prioritize for even those we want to make time for...but it's not impossible forever.

I have a best friend, known her for 40 years....now retired for 10 years...has always used the term "CRAZY BUSY" "things have been CRAZY!"...she always says it like it's JUST what's going on currently in her world...but doesn't realize she's always used this term.  She constantly laments she wants to stay in touch more, and I've no doubt she's sincere about that. After Covid lockdown, when we had face-timed everyday, as people were doing more... she said urgently to me, I don't want to lose this staying in touch, now that things have gone back to more normal!! But, I feel she relies on me to touch base, mostly, and then it's impossible most times to fit into all her scheduled stuff. She's admittedly not a great time manager, so she's always running, running, running. Says she admires the way I "balance" things. But, she seems to me to love to be overbooked, always. 🤷‍♀️