Honored Contributor

Re: Showers and baths every day?

A bath? Not me. Grew up with only bathtubs, but as soon as I went out on my own, always showers. Normal/aware people know when they need a cleaning, and everyone is not the same.

It's  nobody's business how many showers I take on X number of days. If I feel clean that's all that matters to me, not: "no shower/1 shower/ 2 showers 3".

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

She is worried about her hair getting wet but, not stinking? Yuck, I would be ashamed to admit that to anyone and she said it on national TV? She needs to be in therapy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shower daily.  Not into baths.  I have a jacuzzi tub in my bathroom that never gets used.

I was my hair every other day.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

A bath? Not me. Grew up with only bathtubs, but as soon as I went out on my own, always showers. Normal/aware people know when they need a cleaning, and everyone is not the same.

It's  nobody's business how many showers I take on X number of days. If I feel clean that's all that matters to me, not: "no shower/1 shower/ 2 showers 3".

hckynut

It is your business if you have coworkers that have poor hygiene (from not taking showers/baths etc,)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like she needs to shower more often if her boyfriend is complaining to their therapist about it! Some people are under the mistake idea that putting on deodorant can replace a shower....it doesn’t! When I was working I showered each morning, in the summer sometimes morning and night if it is really hot and I have spent time outdoors. Now I shower daily, sometimes using my hand shower if I don’t want to wash my hair, but occasionally I will take a sponge bath if I am not feeling up to showering. I haven’t taken a bath in years...hate sitting in dirty water...eww!

Respected Contributor

I do not know who this lady is that revealed her SO is upset she isn't bathing daily....but that says it ALL to me!  Seriously? if your in a relationship and the other person you expect to cuddle with finds you to be "stinky" and asks you to please bath/shower WHY wouldn't you do this? LOL  Also how can you NOT shower daily or clean up?  I can't imagine how bad the odor would be!  

I understand about the "hair" thing....I have very frizzy curly hair and any humid wet area makes my hair go crazy.  So all you do is put on a shower cap....I also use one of those things that pulls all your hair back and up then put the shower cap on over it...think it's by Turbie Twist.  Anyhoo it works great by keeping the humid air out too while I shower.  

My body chemistry wouldn't allow for skipping showers...I sweat some at night....I NEED a shower in the morning NO MATTER WHAT.....and if I get even slightly sweaty from doing anything all day long....I NEED ANOTHER ONE LOL!

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Sounds like she needs to shower more often if her boyfriend is complaining to their therapist about it! Some people are under the mistake idea that putting on deodorant can replace a shower....it doesn’t! When I was working I showered each morning, in the summer sometimes morning and night if it is really hot and I have spent time outdoors. Now I shower daily, sometimes using my hand shower if I don’t want to wash my hair, but occasionally I will take a sponge bath if I am not feeling up to showering. I haven’t taken a bath in years...hate sitting in dirty water...eww!

Many years ago they used to call using deodorant only and not bathing or showering as having a marine shower.     I don't know where that term originated but I always felt that it was a slur to our fine Marines.  Lol!

Respected Contributor

If any of you are familiar with Assisted Living, they get showers twice a week? They have to  be supervised as many are a fall risk, have drier skin and don`t do alot of activity.  There is what is called Peri Care inbetween. At least where I worked, It was the most difficult job I ever had mentally and physically.

Honored Contributor

I shower every day, sometimes twice a day when exercising! I do not wash my hair every day though.....I have to shower every day, even when I am not feeling good. I just don't feel right , not showering!

When I go and work out after work, I shower again after my workout...I was just brought up that way to shower or bathe every day regardless! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't take baths, just showers.  And usually once a day.  Sometimes when it's hot (like yesterday) I take 2 showers.  That and stepping in to fresh clothes makes me feel 100% better.  Taking an extra shower in the evening before bed time, helps you sleep better.  So for work I shower in the morning and just before bed.  Week ends I just take one daily shower.  The only times I don't shower is when I'm sick,  that's the times I take a sponge bath.

My husband showers every other day.  He has no smell, etc.  He takes sponge baths instead of the regular shower.  It might as well be a shower, because he smells good.

This thread reminds me right after the car accident.  They gave me sponge baths daily.  I didn't wash my hair, because I couldn't move my neck.  My neck and chest were in two hard casts.  A nurse had to move me to bath me.  When I got home, it was worse.  A visiting nurse came to sponge me and dress me in the mornings.  My husband had to help me in the evenings.  I think I didn't wash my hair for at least a month maybe longer (2 months?)  It was a victory just making it to the toilet by myself.  I was in shock trauma 3 weeks, rehabilitation hospital another 3 weeks.  Off from work for 6 months.