Honored Contributor

Re: Showers and baths every day?

I shower in the morning to start my day, I shower at night to end my day, I wash my hair every other day and I never take baths.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I shower once a day, don't really worry about what other people do. There's nothing wrong with being in therapy, it's a proactive approach to taking care of your mental health. Just like going to professionals in order to take care of your physical health, and mental health is a component of your overall health. Some of the judgmental comments in these forums about mental health issues are unbelievable. It's 2019.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bathe and wash my hair every morning. I also put rainbath in the water. It smells so clean, and is very good to my skin

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I think most Americans shower/bathe at least once a day.  Outside of USA, it is not so common.  

Me, every day.  Funny story - when my niece/nephew were young (he was 8) I accompanied the family to Disney World.  We were in one of those lines that snakes around the turnstyles and sandwiched between a very large group of teen students from France.  It was extremely hot and humid and my nephew proclaimed very loudly that these kids all smelled really bad - "like bad BO" (and he was right)!  

Honored Contributor

I have heard worse. Someone on TV claimed their mother was a scientist, and it isn't necessary to wash your hands ,after using the bathroom. No one agreed with her. The rest of the ladies were horrified, she would say that..Junk science if you ask me

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't stand not to take a shower every morning.

Honored Contributor

When I was a child we got a bath once a week whether we needed it or not...lol.I told my teacher it was once a month...mom got a call on that one.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always started every day with a shower and shampoo. During the week, when I work out,I always take a second shower. I saw that woman on The Talk. I didn’t know who she was but when I heard her say she doesn’t shower or bathe every day, I thought that was yucky. No wonder her significant other complains. She didn’t mention if she showers every other day or once a week. My daughter met a Frenchman years ago, very debonair and sophisticated. My mother asked my daughter how the relationship was going and my daughter said, “He stinks.” My mother took that to mean he was not a nice person, but my daughter meant the description literally. He rarely bathed. Needless to say, the relationship ended quickly.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

I shower & wash my hair every day. I never, ever take baths.

That said, I have read that it really isn’t good for our skin to shower/bathe every day because it can dry it out too much. 

Honestly, IMO, there are times when more than one shower per day is called for and there are people who don’t need a shower every day. If you are dirty you need to clean, if not, no need. One can also clean oneself without taking a shower or bath.

Honored Contributor

If I took a shower every day I'd look like a fish (scales, dry skin).

In the Summer I take a shower every other day.  In the Winter sometimes every other day, sometimes I take one every 2 days.

Even then I have to lather up all over because I have very dry skin.  The dermatologist thinks it's from the blood condition I have.  Who knows?

Only good thing is I don't do anything to sweat!  Ha!