Honored Contributor

Re: Showers and baths every day?

[ Edited ]

When I was working, I showered every day. I probably did not need to, but it was a part of my routine. Started my day. 

Niw retired, I shower about every three days...and "freshen"up in the sink daily.   By freshen up Daily I mean I wash all the important places. TMI😄

I do not get sweaty or dirty....my skin is not oily or anything.  In the summer if it is really hot, and I am out side getting hot, then I would shower as needed..and daily if needed.

I only wash my hair once a week. I do not use product( hairspray etc) so my hair stays clean.  My scalp in not oily, just normal. No reason to damage my hair washing it too much. 

I think people here  in America do bathe too often and that I turn can cause skin issues.

Honored Contributor

I shower one time a day - sometimes 2 depending on what I did during the day and the heat.  I do not wash my hair everyday.....just brush it with a damp brush and blow dry again.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn’t follow in the footsteps of Vanessa Marcil ... IMO she is missing a few cards in her deck & is a terrible actress 😱

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These are the funny  topics. Do you wash your hair everyday, take  a shower everyday and how often do you clean your sheets?

I take a shower and wash my hair at least once a day. I can't imagine not doing this, unless I had no bathroom. (Then I would use a hose, or fill up gallon water bottles etc.)

The feminine region needs attention everyday, at least with a wet wipe.

Esteemed Contributor

I spent a lot of my younger years in the Caribbean. I came back to the US when I was 19. We had to take a shower twice per day. I still do that and find it strange that some friends who have always lived here, find it strange.

Speak to  my friend who still lives there and her 9 year old daughter has to take a shower at 6am and 7pm every day. A shower before bed and a shower before school, and everyone I know still does this every day.

Valued Contributor

I can't enjoy my day if I don't start with clean teeth, body, and hair. I do condition my hair and moisturize face & body daily.

Trusted Contributor

Shower every morning to wake up.

Night shower if it was a sweaty or dirt filled day.

Hot bath at night if I need to warm up.

Hair wash every other day.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Yikes.  Let's just say I don't shower as much as I did when I was working and around people.  That was daily.  It still is in the summer, but winter I back off a little due to very dry skin.  I would never announce this on TV.  The anonymity of this board is very protective.  

--

@depglass In winter, I take quick, lukewarm showers because my skin gets dry. Obviously, I do a better job if I'm leaving the house.

Super Contributor

Of course we shower or bathe every day!  At night when you sleep, your body does sweat alot, and that is why your weight is down in the morning..we lose water, and oils come out on our skin.  Once in a while we take an extra shower/bath at night if we worked hard outside....etc.  My Dad showered every night before bed, as he did physical labor and Mom would not let him in bed without doing it.  We bathe in the mornings, unless we have a really early morning, then some of us may bathe at night to avoid a traffic jam in the morning. 

I cannot handle not bathing every day.  My skin doesn't feel clean and nice...but more like  it is being suffocated.  I overheat easily when I haven't freshly bathed.

Honored Contributor

Where I worked there were several people who never showed or bathed daily or even brushed their teeth in the morning and claimed they sat at a desk all day so  did not get dirty.  Well you could tell and often smell  them.  If you don't bath or shower daily, most of the dead skin cells as well as any lotions or creams stay on your body and are not washed away.   All I can say is that can harbor a lot of bacteria  that needs washed off.