Valued Contributor

Re: Showers and baths every day?

Sorry - got the ladies mixed-up.  Just disregard my earlier comment.

Respected Contributor

I shower every evening unless I am very ill which is rare. Occasionally, I shower twice in a day if I have been doing yard work and sweating. I wash my hair every other day. I would feel dirty and lazy if I skipped showering for a day.

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine not showering every day.  I often shower twice a day depending on what I did that day.  I don't wash my hair daily but do wet it in the shower.  I would feel so yucky if I didn't.  I shower daily even if sick.  After I broke my ankle and had surgery for a torn meniscus I put my leg in a garbage bag and showered.  

Honored Contributor

The first thing I do every morning after getting out of bed and making my bed is to take my shower.  I feel it wakes me up.  I wash my hair at least 5 days a week. Love my morning shower!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If there ever comes a time I don't want to shower daily, I hope someone intervenes Cat LOL

Most days, I shower morning and evening. 

I'd have to be knocked out cold to miss it altogether.

Honored Contributor

Yikes.  Let's just say I don't shower as much as I did when I was working and around people.  That was daily.  It still is in the summer, but winter I back off a little due to very dry skin.  I would never announce this on TV.  The anonymity of this board is very protective.  

Esteemed Contributor

Even with my broken back and the worse pain I've ever experienced, I continued to shower (and even took bubble baths) on the same basis as before the accident. At least one shower daily and a bubble bath before bed is relaxing and so warming in the winter months (followed by Amazing Grace Body Lotion to keep skin smooth). Yes, it was awkward and hurt like h*ll but the warm water always feels so delightful. It's my time to spoil myself. Smiley Wink

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

With the wonderful hot flashes I live with I just shower daily. Sometimes twice!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

Watching the talk yesterday,  the subject of daily showers came up and Guest host Vanessa Marcil said she does not shower every day and her boyfriend complained to their therapist about it. She said she does not want to get her hair wet and have to redo it.  I am retired and usually only take one shower a day but when I worked,  I took one before work and one before bedtime.   With oily face and scalp always have washed hair everyday.   I am just curious if most people shower or bathe every day.  

You know I think this is a perfect example of TMI. Why would she even share this? It seems like some of these people think they are important enough that we would  want to know that they don't bathe daily.

@Trinity11 - like the guy on one of the cable news networks that doesn't wash his hands because he can't see the germs!  Eeeeeewwwww.

Honored Contributor

I do not shower daily. My skin and hair thank me for it.