Honored Contributor

Re: Should males know how many ounces there are in a pint?

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am sure they are taught this in elementary school.........all kids.

whether or not they RETAIN the knowledge as the years go on is a different story.....some may, some may not, and some just dont care.

There is so much that I was taught in school that has served no purpose in my everyday life.  There are lots of subjects that I don't care about and didn't retain that knowledge.

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

This...

Guinness Drinks IPhone Wallpaper Mobile Wallpaper

... is a pint.

And just keep a lot of these glasses around to do your oz per day.  Until evening......

Honored Contributor

I'm finding that during this time of my life where I'm losing my memory I still remember the things that were taught, that had much in the way of life value, are still with me.    

That's because when we are in those formative years the things we learn form us to a great extent.

A lot of the stuff we'd never use, IMO, wasn't even for the purpose of teaching us how to do those things (such as the extremely complicated math-type stuff), rather it helped us to stretch and develop our young minds so that we could calculate and reason and such.   I couldn't probably even do the basic stuff like algebra anymore but I do believe it was beneficial to me in the ways I mentioned.

Also, thank you to the posters who corrected the incorrect correction somebody made to my previous post.  I usually am off the computer by mid afternoon or so, so I didn't see it until this morning.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Seems to me that they prefer to eating to measuring!

See the source image

Honored Contributor

I am 100% certain that schools teach MATH to everyone.  Girls and boys.  Do you understand that what you are talking about is MATH?

Esteemed Contributor

Readin' and Writin' and 'Rithmetic!

Taught to the Tune of a Hick'ry Stick!