Super Contributor

What do you do when your boss is a real pain... I sit near her and she always interfers when someone asks me a question and I am about to answer.  She just about jumps out of her chair and runs over the person who is already at my desk.  I don't like her or hate her - just the middle of the road.  I am the admin and I know what I am doing for the past 28 years...I don't want to challenge her but I was hoping she would shut up and let me do my job.  She did this twice to me today and it's very annoying...My feeling is that she does not have enough to do and watches me....How do you handle someone like this and get through the day....Seems she is insecure and makes big bucks which the job is way overpaid - everyone in the office knows it...

Respected Contributor

Sounds to me that she doesn't have enough to do.  See if you can delegate upwards and give her something to work on.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I would mention it to her and ask if she would prefer that I redirect all questions to her desk.

Respected Contributor

Your thread title is a bit confusing.  Who is Shawn and why is she a new woman?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn is a new Woman!!

[ Edited ]

@hondagirl@CAcableGirl2

ITA she sounds bored.

Maybe you can very subtlety make her job more complex! Somehow maybe your “project” can end up being hers!

I wondered about the title, too?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

She can see me from her office and it's very hard to even look in your handbag and get something out....I don't think I am being watched but she can hear me when I answer the phone and once made a comment when I had a doctor appointment - very unprofessional....She is an overpaid know it all... I have thought of retiring soon but don't want to leave because of her.... She is annoying...

Super Contributor

I got on the wrong post - my mistake....This is not about Shawn...

Honored Contributor

Huh?  Thread title and content do not relate.  At least someone isn't bashing Shawn...Woman Happy

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@hondagirl

Does she bear you ill will?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@hondagirlwrote:

I got on the wrong post - my mistake....This is not about Shawn...

So edit the title so it’s coherent. I opened the post thinking it was about Shawn. But it’s about your office problem!

It’s your thread. Change the Subject line.