Super Contributor

Re: Sharing home duties during the staying home period - hope you get a laugh out of this

My husband was a house husband for many yrs when our kids were growing up so housework is second nature to him. He always does the laundry which I appreciate very much. I guess I am spoiled.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sharing home duties during the staying home period - hope you get a laugh out of this

Sorry but I find a solid block of unbroken text very difficult to read. 

Could you please break it up into paragraphs next time? TIA!

Honored Contributor

Have you  heard the phrase, "in one ear and out the other"?  LOL

Saves the gum beating.  (Gum in the mouth, that is). LOL

Respected Contributor

I am finding myself often asking: What are you looking for?  (Trying to get him out of my way!)

I know his engineering backround gives him talents superior to mine in many ways, but sometimes my way makes sense.  For over 30" years he has packed our chest freezer since he is an excellent packer. However, I did not realize that older dates were not being paid attention to.  His packing was solely  based on tightness.  When I finally discovered I realized I need to make a point of making him get what I need from freezer.  So helpful!  

Good luck, friends.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for writing as I enjoyed reading all the replies.  Yes, husband is an engineer so you figured it out.  I will make paragraphs the next time as that would be easier to read. 

He does do laundry too and sorting as well and that is quite a help. The problem we run into is when we are both in the kitchen. First of all, our kitchen is quite small so if he wants to help, it gets complicated.

I love to cook and bake so that has become more of a hobby since we are in so much.  He cooks a few specialties and does them excellent so he likes to compete with me. So  being Italian, when I make my spaghetti sauce and meatballs, I am not always ready to receive his suggestions since I thought I was making good stuff all these years and his answer about everything is that it can always be better.

However, when I do a dish that he likes, he is very good about praising my efforts and you can see he actually enjoys it as he reaches for seconds.  

Honored Contributor

Ours is pretty much the same. I do about 90% or more of those things, always have.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Sorry but I find a solid block of unbroken text very difficult to read. 

Could you please break it up into paragraphs next time? TIA!

@haddon9 

Me too, and small font didn't help. My reply was only based on the threads title and first few words of post.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

This was fun to read.  Myself however, I would have taken a selfie of me on the forums and told him  "this is phase one of me not slapping you in the head"  !!  LOL

Frequent Contributor

I was always taught that glassware should be the first item washed, maybe let Mr. Phase know, lol !!