Honored Contributor

Share your daily act of kindness here!

I thought we could start a daily random act of kindness thread here. People could just post an act of kindness that they did OR they saw or that they read or heard about.   It  can be Anything! Small, large .....any act that is something that benefits someone done out of goodwill. 

I will will start with my very small footprint of goodwill.

When I was at a local neighborhood park....I picked up several dog messes that  other people decided not to clean up after their pets did their business.  Surprisingly they offer free bags and disposal sites throughout the park....yet, some choose to just not pick up. There is nothing I can do to change this....so, rather than swear under my breath....I just took the reaction to clean up after them. It makes the park cleaner and better for all.

Super Contributor

Re: Share your daily act of kindness here!

someone left items on the top of their car and drove off. I was walking, picked em up from the middle of the road & am looking for the owner. I know where they were prior to that. 

Valued Contributor

I wheel those stray grocery carts in the store parking lots back to their corrals.  

I am not judging others, however, as I have been in the position myself of having injuries that made me too tired/too sore to do much walking.  I also realize that some people are simply lazy/thoughtless.  Oh well, I can use the excercise anyhow.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I love your idea...have no kindness to report today but I will make a huge effort tomorrow when I am out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always help the elderly & disabled at the grocery store when I see them looking for something they cannot find, reach or bend over to pick it up.

Honored Contributor

WOW! I have learned a lot just from these first few entries! I am inspired!Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hold doors for people all the time -- for males, females, children, adults, the elderly, regardless of what anyone looks like, it doesn't matter to me.  Usually, people are very thankful, and they smile back and thank me. It's a nice thing to do,it puts smiles on people's faces (and it may just put smile in their hearts, especially if they're having a bad day), and it doesn't take more than a few seconds to do.  What warms my heart, is when I see children holding doors for others, regardless of gender, age, etc.  That is awesome, in my book.  I always thank them for, and compliment them on their kind gesture.   :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nice thread, @SeaMaiden  I personally MUCH prefer to read about what other people did for us, then to read about what good deeds we did for others. So - I'll add that  I was carrying a large box at lunch and 2 nice men opened the door for me.

ETA you did a great thing by doing your part to clean up the park.  Hopefully other dog owners will take your lead!

Honored Contributor

I have nothing to report on this wonderful thread however I learned from my parents early on to treat people like I want to be treated.   I'm certainly no saint but I do try to go through life being at the very least polite if not outright kind.    Some days I don't feel kind.

I'm always appalled at people who talk down to waiters, cashiers or others in a service position.   Gosh, they are just trying to make a living, so what if you only got 1 pack of ketchup instead of 2.   Build yourself a bridge & get over it!

I'll keep reading & hope I have something inspiring to report soon!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

You might not get a lot of replies.  People of some faiths are taught not to speak of their good works.

I do like MJ's idea of talking about what others have done.