Esteemed Contributor

Re: Share a Good Childhood Halloween Memory

The last year of my childhood Trick or Treating, my mother let me borrow her old fur coat from the 1940s. I have no idea whether it was real or fake but the fur was very thick and dark brown and the coat had huge shoulder pads, since it was from the 1940s. I wore the coat backwards, bought a very scary mask, and went as a gorilla. It cost very little but the effect was priceless.

Honored Contributor

I dont have a special trick or treat but as a kid they were all great.  All the kids would go together and we felt safe, didnt have to check our candy and could eat homemade treats.  People would invite us into their house to guess who we were.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop @Imaoldhippie @Vivian @chrystaltree @RedTop 

here this one is better!

In grade school (2nd grade) my parents took me to a "Haunted House" at my school.

Behind the stage was a witch stirring a "brew" in a large pot.

Supposedly awful things were in it and some splashed on me!

I had a meltdown!

The witch lady had to take off her hat and admit that in the pot was green jello!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Halloween is my birthday, so all of them have been great!

I grew up in a Philly suburb that was very much like what you saw on the TV show "The Wonder Years". Single family homes, most with families of 2 or more kids. Everyone participated on Halloween. Full size candy bars. You had to use a pillowcase to carry all of your "loot". Started at 6pm and ended around 9pm.It was easy to stop at over 100 houses. The younger kids wore real costumes. Most of the older kids dressed as Hippies or Hobos. My trick or treat years were late 60s early 70s. Good times!

Trusted Contributor

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @FlyersGirl !!!

Esteemed Contributor

Tonight Krypto's witch flies away. I got the witch that hangs on the foyer chandelier for Tom Sawyer, my first Jack Russell who died before I got Krypto almost 16 year ago. The witch cackles and her eyes light up and the dogs bark and want me to do it again. 
    My husband had cancer and could see the witch from the den, he thought it was a waste of money until he saw Tom going in circles barking. 
    My Krypto, Jack Russell loves it also
but not Snickers. She's afraid of the eyes. 
   Every year when I put the witch  away I think it's the last for old Krypto. I will bring out a turkey for him! 

Trusted Contributor

@BunSnoop Thank-you! It was a great day!