Trusted Contributor

Shannon beador RHOC on QVC ...

Just read she is doing cooking recipes for QVC..... !  I really wish Qvc would help out  people who really need the money, and stop paying these people who have so much..

Honored Contributor

Re: Shannon beador RHOC on QVC ...

I'm not exactly sure what that means. 

She posted a photo the other night on Instagram that said she was testing recipes for QVC.  She posted a photo back in November about being in QVC's kitchen but I don't see where she ever announced exactly what she'll be doing.

If she took the initiative to get herself on QVC with some new venture, I sure can't fault her for that.   

Honored Contributor

celebrity = sales!

Look at Martha Stewart, Lisa Rinna🙄 & more featured on QVC.

Honestly, I usually don't buy because "celebrity" yet I will say when Rachael Ray first came to Q I bought both her "oval" pans - use them almost everyday & still good shape!  I have things from Martha Stewart in my kitchen from KMart from 20+ years ago.

Respected Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

Just read she is doing cooking recipes for QVC..... !  I really wish Qvc would help out  people who really need the money, and stop paying these people who have so much..

Do you mean she is going  to be selling a cookbook? It is hard to discern from your post.

People who need the money vs. People who have money already is not how business works. Its not a competition that way. We live in a free society.  But one would need to have the means or know how to get investors to fund a book publication worthy of investment and production in order to sell it anywhere. Being already known to a segment of the purchasing society makes the road all that much shorter to profit.

Honored Contributor

Catherine Zeta Jones, Brooke Shields, Barefoot Contessa cookbooks, Tova’s perfume/Diamonique....sure there are many others who didn’t make it, too like Wendy Williams (now on HSN), Rachel Zoe, Nicole Richie, Mama Kardashian, even Trump’s present wive’s jewelry line....

Respected Contributor

What? When you work for a company you get paid & it doesn't matter if you have a penny in the bank or millions. QVC donates to charities but they are not a charity & the goal of all businesses is to have a strong business model that keeps their workers & suppliers employed....that's how wealth is built so there is money to donate!

Trusted Contributor

I agree with what a lot of you say, being well known does cause more attention. But i also would like to see, maybe a contest for viewers, and top 3 come on and have a winner chosen on cooking show. It just would be nice to give some people who do not have the money to get attention a chance.

Trusted Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

I agree with what a lot of you say, being well known does cause more attention. But i also would like to see, maybe a contest for viewers, and top 3 come on and have a winner chosen on cooking show. It just would be nice to give some people who do not have the money to get attention a chance.

OOps, i know,  "nice" is not how business worrks....

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

@dogsx3  I purchase the items in any category based on merit and need, not on the popularity or how famous or wealthy the vendor.

Super Contributor

Really ??? Wow....I have watched RHOC and know she is spiritual but don't remember Shannon doing alot of cooking--- altho this past season she wanted to open a restaurant

( I think ??) .

I'd like to see her do a cooking demo -- she made a quinoa bowl for the family. I love me a quinoa bowl -- if she can make that entertaining to watch, she has me--lol.

It is curious tho --- many reality starts wind up on home shopping networks -- lets pour a little out for Melissa Girga (RHNJ) and her jewelry line. Did Kelly Bensimon (RHNYC) have one as well --- Owls I think ?   Boy -- I guess we all know my love of the RH franchises !!!! lol