Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Sunny, is that you??? I haven't seen you here in ages. HOliday cheer to you.

@RainCityWoman  hi my friend! No this is not my thread. I've been around, although I don't post nearly as much as I used to. I've missed you and I hope all is well with you!  My Shabbat Shalom post is on this board as well, so please stop by anytime and say hi, or email me. I'm pretty sure you have my email address xox Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

...and Good Shabbos to you! Here is a virtual piece of challah, roasted chicken, cholent and a glass of Baron Herzog chardonnay!  Later on, we can cap off dinner with a slice or two of bobkaSmiley Happy

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2    hmmm that meal sounds delicious, but you can hold the cholent! And if it's chocolate babka, count me in!

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Sunny, is that you??? I haven't seen you here in ages. HOliday cheer to you.

@RainCityWomannope it's not me. I'm always @sunala Smiley Very Happy

I posted more down below XOX

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2  Can't get any of that good stuff down south. When in NY visiting family, stuff our luggage w/ goodies. Get home and have to wash everything in suitcase. It all smells like onion rolls!!! 😜

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  Didn't mean to step on toes. When I replied last week, didn't realize it was "ongoing". No face slapping intended. Next Friday, where do I find @sunala?

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@I am still oxox  Didn't mean to step on toes. When I replied last week, didn't realize it was "ongoing". No face slapping intended. Next Friday, where do I find @sunala?

hi @Shanus the Shabbat Shalom thread has been ongoing for several years, and you are very welcome to join us. You can find the new post every Friday, usually before noon. Please stop by and say hi and share all our prayers and best wishes.

Shabbat Shalom!

Sunny

Honored Contributor

@sunala  Which forum?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@sunala  Which forum?

@Shanus  right here, on Among Friends!

Honored Contributor

@sunala Visiting granddaughters ages 8 & 4 in Reston VA (right outside D.C.). They're talking me (Mom Mom) & Pop Pop to Temple tomorrow and then their first Havdalah service. We made little blue net bags today filled w/ cloves & cinnamon to take with us. My Bubby did that with me. Important to create memories. ❤

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@sunala Visiting granddaughters ages 8 & 4 in Reston VA (right outside D.C.). They're talking me (Mom Mom) & Pop Pop to Temple tomorrow and then their first Havdalah service. We made little blue net bags today filled w/ cloves & cinnamon to take with us. My Bubby did that with me. Important to create memories. ❤

hi @Shanus  I love that "Mom Mom & Pop Pop!") How wonderful to share this with your grandchildren. You are creating memories that will last them a lifetime. I wish I would have asked more questions to my grandparents about their lives in Europe. I was lucky enough to have my Zadie until 1982. My Bubby died in 1969. I remember them telling me stories about the old country, but I wish I would have paid closer attention. They both came from Russia and I'm sure there were many stories to tell.