Hi everyone,

https://img1.sendscraps.com/se/088/089.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom and a Happy Weekend to All 5-17-19

[ Edited ]

@DREAMON wrote:

Happy Peaceful Weekend to all. 

Sunny,

I use this beautiful welcoming thread as my Friday Meditation. I read it slowly and take it all in. You help me clear me head every Friday...it is so appreciated.

We live in a Beach Town and have to get ready for Memorial Weekend. 

Fingers crossed the weather cooperates.

@DREAMON  - fingers are crossed for you!! Do you live on the water? Any problems during Sandy? Wishing you sunny skies!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Good Shabbos and happy weekend all, the Dh and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary yesterday, ) I can not say its always been smooth sailing but we are in this for a life time 

@I am still oxox  - Happy 27th wedding anniversary! Didn't the time just fly? We celebrated our 50th last summer and it doesn't seem possible! We actually know each other since we were 13, so that's a LOT of years!

Lots of love and happiness to you and your sweetie always!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Good afternoon, everyone, Smiley Happy

Sunny,  taking a moment to write on this kind thread is just what I needed this afternoon..........a break from the crazy, aka, my life. 

Happy Anniversary, @I am still oxox   most of us have been through ups/downs/sideways, aka, life together.  Wishing you and your husband many years of happiness. 

My son and his gf are moving Monday to the Boston area.  Please keep a good thought/prayer for both of them. They are a special couple on the next leg of their  adventure together.  They've been together for 6 years. I love this young lady........but more importantly, they love one another, are very happy and work well together.  

I hope you all take a moment this weekend to do something for yourself.   Recharge for the busy week ahead. 

Today is National Cherry Cobbler Day.  Enjoy! Mangia! 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/72815/fresh-cherry-cobbler/

Image result for cherry cobbler

@dmod nj- congratulations to your son and his sweetie on the next step of their adventure! How exciting it would be to start all over again. You know, be young again, move around and see and do adventurous things...I think I'm too tired to even think of doing it over!

Enjoy your weekend. I wish you all sunny skies, which I think we're going to have, at least today.

Thanks for the cherry cobbler; it looks luscious!

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

Happy Peaceful Weekend to all. 

Sunny,

I use this beautiful welcoming thread as my Friday Meditation. I read it slowly and take it all in. You help me clear me head every Friday...it is so appreciated.

We live in a Beach Town and have to get ready for Memorial Weekend. 

Fingers crossed the weather cooperates.

@DREAMON  - fingers are crossed for you!! Do you live on the water? Any problems during Sandy? Wishing you sunny skies!

@sunala,

Yes we are on the Bay just outside of Long Beach Island, NJ. 

We had our house built and it was completed 6 months before Sandy. The roof blew off and we had 5' of water in our lower level.

The section that we live in has 367 homes and only 25 were habitable after Sandy. I still can't believe it happened. 

Time has passed, we repaired and rebuilt but we sure won't forget.

We just got a Township update that 70% of the homes are rebuilt.

They said it would take about 10 years and they were right.

This weekend is beautiful...hope you are enjoying your weekend.

I read that you and your hubby were married 50 years and together since you were 13....my brother and SIL have you beat by 1 year. They were married 51 years and together since they were 12...that is a rare an wonderful thing these days!Heart