Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom and a Happy June Weekend to All 6/1

As @hennypenny says, peace happiness and health to all.  What could be better?

Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely people.  I'll take one of those ice cream cones if you don't mind. Smiley Happy

Wishing all of you a beautiful weekend filled with sunshine, good food, friends and family.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala and all who visit here;

Thank you for this place of peace and prayer.  It is getting to the point that I can't stand to turn on the computer to read the headlines of the day.  Watching the news on t.v. is worse.  Thankfully, we haven't taken the area paper in years.  Can't remember a time in my life when I felt this way, and I was pretty bad back in the Vietnam days.  For all who come here, thank you for keeping the peace and spirit of this thread.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Long week, B had the surgery to repair the break in his femur, he was home in one night, the last few days have been rough. He is getting around with a walker but needs to wear a brace when he is up and around, he finally has gotten the hang of getting it off and on himsself.

No driving for at least 4 weeks, which sucks for me since I do not drive, so I will be using Uber to get back and forth to see my dad and to get around. at this point he will be home most of the Summer, well it could be worse

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends,

I hope everyone has a peaceful lovely weekend.

Sunny, thank you again for this lovely place.

Donna, you have me drooling. Rocky Road is one of my all time favorites. I hope you are doing well!

Lots of gardening planned for the weekend, and then back to the big garage clean out.

Wishes for peace, happiness and good health for all.

henny 

Hi @hennypenny,  I am well, thanks.  Busy, as always.   We are tackling the unfinished part of the  basement this weekend.  We are doing a big clean out too.  I live with a....keep it, you never know if we'll need it.....kinda husband. LOL  I'm a ....if we haven't thought about or used it in a year it goes..... kinda wife. LOL  Should be fun!   lol

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Shabbat Shalom...late again...already Shabbat. With my 45 yr. old son living at home since relocating to a new job, waiting for family to move down when school lets out to close on a house (whew, long sentence), I've been loosing track of time.

This week was short w/ Monday being a holiday and my "men" were home which threw me off by a day all week.

There's extra laundry/towels, cooking, food shopping...busy, but so nice having him home again after over 20 yrs. (he's 45). His new job is an hour commute from our house so he's up at 5 to run and leaves by 6:30. He's not home until 7:30....sometimes 8:30-9 if mtgs. after regular work day.

Every Jewish mother knows, there's no way with a schedule like that, I'd do my laundry and not throw in his things!!! I also keep the kitchen "open" until he has a late dinner and am sometimes finishing dishes at 10PM. All is temporary and not complaining about being a "hands on" mother again for several months. 

He had planned a trip to Europe w/ his older daughter before taking the new job. He leaves June 8th. I'll miss him.

He's a landscape architect and designed/planted a raised herb garden outside my kitchen door and is designing some minor design changes for front of house. After 22 yrs. some things are over grown. 

Last night he was home in time for Shabbos dinner and said he enjoyed the memories he had as a child looking forward to the special meal w/ Challah & lighting the candles. We all laughed when he said he never understood why I covered my eyes & then waved my hands around in the air. Now that he's taking his Girls to Sunday School and they're bringing home their lessons/stories, he's learning too.

Generation to generation to generation. Traditions are passed from mothers to children to grandchildren. So wonderful to see that "circle of life"

Safe & happy weekend to all.

Shanus

Respected Contributor

Donna, I have to laugh. We moved here thirty years ago.

When we moved in mr henny put some boxes in cupboards in the garage, mostly our oldest sons junk.They haven't been looked at since.

We went through stuff and sorted and photographed and kept what he wanted and donated the rest.

We have a lead lined bomb shelter at the back of the garage (former owner was a general during the cuban era). In the bomb shelter is more junk. I open boxes pick a few things to donate and the rest have been going in the "special garbage pick up" pile.

Next is to get a shredding company to come and shred thirty years of business records. It is insane.

He kept putting it off. I threatened him with "If I croak over you will have to do  it all alone"---That lit a fire under him.

Well, misery loves company, just thought I would share.

xoxo, henny

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny. Think we've all been "there"!!

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny  Whew!!  Well, we made it.  We are still married. Smiley Wink LOL  The job got done!!  We sorted, threw out,  labeled, and cleaned up the basement. It is organized, clean and it wasn't too bad. lol   We do this every few years. I don't want it to get too ahead of us.    

I can not imagine 30 years of stuff..............   I'm glad mr. henny got on board while you're still here. LOL  I may have to borrow your line when we tackle the garage. That is hubby's space.  God knows what is out there. lol   I leave him to do it.  I just am available if he needs me.  The garage has not been done in a 5+ years, so it is due!!    Yep, we are tackling that in the next few weekends.   

I'm glad you are getting things done too.  I always feel lighter, better and less stressed if things are orderly.  My husband has other words to describe it . LOL  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Dropping in late but still sending good thoughts and wishes to all who read and post here.   Give yourself a hug, and do something special for yourself...  each of you deserves it.  My love to you!   @reiki604,  Happy birthday to you!

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova