Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Sweet &Happy Rosh Hashanah 9/18/20

[ Edited ]

Shabbat Shalom and a sweet and happy Rosh Hashanah to all.

"For Jews around the world, the two-day holiday known as Rosh Hashanah begins Friday night at sundown and concludes at sundown Sunday.

Considered the beginning of the Jewish New Year and one of the most important holidays on the Jewish calendar, Rosh Hashanah is packed with special foods, traditions and mitzvahs, or commandments. One of the most important things to do on Rosh Hashanah is to hear the blowing of the shofar, or the ram's horn."

No fancy dinner for us tonight, although I did cut up an apple and bought a round challah to dip in the honey, and a honey cake. I cooked a nice chicken soup and that's about it. 

And yet another month passes us by while we are living in constant confusion. School or no school? It's still being decided. Vaccine or not? Visit the hairdresser or another month with gray hair? Dining out or eating home? Every day there are more decisions to be made.

Please everyone be smart. This virus is not going away as quickly as we'd like, so please be careful and listen to what is advised to keep you healthy. And please wear your masks! There is absolutely no excuse not to.

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here. A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence is very important to us all. Heart

I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened and no longer are with their parents. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their loved ones. May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well. To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life. Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones during this time.

Now, even more than ever, may our elected officials find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our health, security and well-being. G-d bless America! Good thoughts and thanks to our military who are protecting us from harm.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive, and be reunited with their parents. No child should ever be alone or go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps.

May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY ALL THE CHILDREN BE SAFE AND HEALTHY, under the care of their loving parents and family.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better. Be kind to others. Don't fill up your shopping cart with toilet paper, Clorox and sanitizer when there are people who are walking out empty handed. Share your bounty and feel good about yourself.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent, a spouse, or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong. Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day (if you're able to) and make sure they know you love them. Keep good thoughts and surround yourselves with love

With Love, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom and Sweet &Happy Rosh Hashanah 9/18/20

Shabbot Shalom and L'shonna Tova, we are home alone tonight and tomorrow my brother will join us for an outdoor dinner, lets home it is not too cold in the NY area oh well I guess we will wear sweatshirts

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all and a Happy and Healthy Jewish New Year. We're having pizza...alone. Sunday will be a patio celebration with our son and granddaughters....supposed to be mid 70s and no rain, for a change. 

Everyone stay safe, wear your masks, social distance and wash those hands. 

Shanus 🌺

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos, wishing everyone a very happy and healthy new year ahead. May we all be blessed in the year to come. 

Valued Contributor

739531BB-9F0B-4477-A2FC-E2C42EB3723D.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Invited to cousin's dinner but DH and I are staying home. Making matzah ball soup (Streits mix) and brisket has been in oven for hours. Hope it is good. First time!,,

Not a happy new year but hopefully it will get better.

Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos and a sweet New Year Sunny et al.

Hoping for a sweet, peaceful, healthy, caring new year.

May empathy be at the forefront.

lots of love to all,-----henny

Honored Contributor

I'd like to wish a healthy, happy and sweet new year to all who celebrate Rosh Hashanah!

Apple Dipped in Honey Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and L'Shana Tovah.Wishing all a sweet, healthy and happy New Year. Eating brisket, lukshon kugel, candied carrots and roasted potatoes.  Honey cake with roasted figs for dessert. Synagogue services via zoom.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Happy weekend, Good Shabbos to all! 

Happy New Year, La Shana Tova.

Wishing you a sweet and healthy New Year.
May you all be inscribed in the Book of Life!!

Wishing you all a good weekend, good weather and relaxation. 

Sunny, Heart

Today is National Cheeseburger Day.   My kind of food! lol 

Enjoy! Mangia! 

Best Air Fryer Hamburger Recipe - How to Make Air Fryer Hamburgers
You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.