Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and Happy August Weekend to ALL 8/5/16

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe the Sabbath, and a very happy first weekend in August to all.

Welcome to all those who are joining us today. Good Shabbos! 

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

May our leaders who keep our country strong find the wisdom, courage and strength to make the right decisions for our security and well-being.

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness.

May your parents be healthy and happy as well. I hope everyone's mom and dad and children are healthy, and/or getting better.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

May the best of everything come your way, today and every day.

Dear Donna, I hope your mom is resting comfortably. And we thank you for our delicious snacks! What do we have today? Something cool, I hope!

Special prayers to those who need them XOX

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom and Happy August Weekend to ALL 8/5/16

Hi everyone,

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjvjNH6v6rOAhUD1x4KHRUuD_MQjRwIBw&url=http://www.lovers-poems.com/blog/2011/05/have-a-nice-friday/&bvm=bv.129391328,bs.2,d.dmo&psig=AFQjCNHAZ4-XYbjTkQpgqUtrZQOURjYDhQ&ust=1470494132741954

Occasional Contributor

Shabbat Shalom!!! I'm just thrilled to see some Judiasm on QVC as this is one area in which they are lacking.

Your written words are lovely and I hope and pray for the same things for you.

Wednesday was 16 months since I lost my beloved Dad and every day is a challenge. So thank you so very much for your kind words regarding that.

Your forum was a true mitzvah.

Blessings on this Shabbat!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Burr53 wrote:

Shabbat Shalom!!! I'm just thrilled to see some Judiasm on QVC as this is one area in which they are lacking.

Your written words are lovely and I hope and pray for the same things for you.

Wednesday was 16 months since I lost my beloved Dad and every day is a challenge. So thank you so very much for your kind words regarding that.

Your forum was a true mitzvah.

Blessings on this Shabbat!!

@Burr53 I'm so happy you found our weekly thread and you were able to join us. Welcome!

I'm so sorry about your beloved father. May his memory be a blessing. Many of us here have gone through similar losses in our lives, and it never really stops hurting, does it? The best thing we can do to honor those we loved who are no longer here is to be the best, kindest person we can be.

Please come back to join us again anytime. We will have a new thread right here next Friday. See you then.

Shabbat Shalom.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all of you who observe.

Have a wonderful summer weekend to all.

Don't forget to take children and pets out of the car when you park. There have been too many tragedies this summer.

Lechat

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos and Happy Weekend!!

Hope you all have a relaxing weekend. Do something for yourself. It helps recharge your battery for the busy week ahead.

Our son is moving to Chicago. We are helping him move next week. He and his gf have a lovely, SMALL apartment overlooking Lake Michigan. He is looking for a job in that city now. Fingers crossed!! Please keep a good thought for him and all those in search of a job. Thanks. Smiley Happy

I'm grateful for Cathy. She is going to be living with my pup while we are gone. No worries about Jersey being lonely!! She will get all the love and care she deserves while we are gone.

Thank you Sunny for your thoughts and for this peaceful way to end the week and start the weekend.

Tomorrow is Root Beer Float Day!!   How about we enjoy them and egg creams.   Of course sugar free versions are available!!  Mangia!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Enjoy the weekend, Good Shabbos to us all.

Honored Contributor

Echoing all the thoughts and prayers on this warm and loving thread.   @Burr53,  nice to see you posting.    I'm sorry to read of your dad's passing.    My heart goes out to you.   I know from experience it takes that old cliche of one day at a time.   Be gentle with yourself.   (((cyberhugs))) to you.    Everyone, please have a good and safe weekend.   My love to all of you.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely people.  Sending warm wishes for a truly lovely weekend filled with love, happiness, and good food.

A big thank you for all those that keep our country safe, our first responders and their families. 

Smile and people will smile back at you.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Shabbos to everyone and a big hello to @Burr53!

@sunala  Yay, I haven't had a rootbeer float in years!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney