Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom & a Happy Weekend to All - May 3, 2019

Shabbat Shalom and a very happy and healthy May weekend to all! 

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here.

A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence means a lot to us all Heart I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. 

Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their parents and their loved ones.

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Now, even more than ever, may our leaders find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our security and well-being. G-d bless America!

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for your sacrifice and for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY THEY BE SAFE in their schools, their temples and churches, and anywhere people gather. Prayers to Lori Gilbert Kaye who lost her life in a synagogue shooting for no logical reason. May she rest in peace.  

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day and make sure they know you love them.

Have a wonderful week!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & a Happy Weekend to All - May 3, 2019

Good Shabbos, have a wonderful weekend. 

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos and wondering if we will ever have Spring in the Northeast

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Hope you all have a safe, happy, and healthy weekend. 

My Dear Sweet Mom always said ...."kindness goes a long way. A simple Smile or Hello can brighten the day of someone who is struggling."

Yesterday a woman approached me with the most beautiful kind smile and said a very cheery Hello. I can't stop thinking about her and how she made my day a little brighter.

Mom was right ..as usualWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

Don't despair @I am still oxox  et al-- 73 degrees here in DC and gradually warmer temps are moving up your way.  It's 53 degrees in the CT city I used to live in for thirty-five years, which is about right for early May there so hang in--real spring is on its way.  

And the weekend is almost upon us, which is always a good thing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sabbath blessings to all. Warmer weather is on the way, but watch out for frost on the 11,12,13 of May

Esteemed Contributor

Happy weekend to all!  Thanks @sunala  for starting this thread to help us get in a positive frame of mind.  

Please remember those of us in the MidWest.  Flooding is occurring everywhere.   Levees are breaching and officials are calling for volunteers to help fill sandbags.  Many small towns along the Mississippi are being cut off from other areas due to flooding.  The area we live in will deal with terrific flooding by the time the river reaches its' crest on Monday-the worst since '93 and the 5th worst in history.  

The great thing about this flooding is how it is bringing people together.  Everyone seems to be working side by side; old, young, male, female, and all colors and religions.  It's a living, breathing example of this thread.

Respected Contributor

A great weekend to all.   It's finally SUNNY here for the first time in at least a week.  I'm going to definitely enjoy it because we are going to get hammered with more rain later next week. 

Still working my way through a couple more boxes of matzo!

Doing our dog rescue tomorrow with dogs coming up from Alabama.

HAVE FUN..... 

Respected Contributor

Wishing all who observe Shabbat Shalom! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

To Sunny and all who post wishing all a wonderful, safe weekend.  Hopefully we will see some sun here in the tri-state area.