Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & a Happy Weekend to All 11/18/16

Thank you to everyone for all your posts with good thoughts and prayers. They are greatly appreciated by all.

Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving with lots of tasty food, a table surrounded by family and friends, and gratitude for all the riches that are bestowed upon us. HeartHeart

See you all on Friday, unless we're too full to post!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Hope you all had a good weekend and Good Shabbos.  Winter arrived in Jersey. We got a bit of snow Saturday night.    It is all gone now, but it is blustery this morning.

This weekend, my mom's decline hit a low point.   Not sure if she will bounce back from the latest set back.  I was with my dad and/or her all this weekend.   Please keep my dad in your thoughts/prayers. He is having a difficult time with all the changes in his life.  Thank you @hennypenny and @sunala for your good thoughts. I so appreciate them. Heart

On a happier note, my son is coming home for Thanksgiving. YAY!!  I can't wait to give that kid a hug!!   Yes, I know he is not a kid any longer. lol  Fingers crossed the possible strike at O'Hare doesn't impact his travel too much.

I am hosting Thanksgiving.....my favorite holiday.   No gifts....no cards....no tree....no craziness......it is all about the food! lol YUM!

This week, I have to go grocery shopping shopping, clean my house and get the guest room set up for my dad, who is staying overnight.  Oh.........and prepare and cook..................so much to do, so little time.

Wishing you all a memorable Thanksgiving.   I hope your table is filled with good food, laughter, and great conversation.   For those missing a loved one, I hope all your happy memories put a smile on your face.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Hope you all had a good weekend and Good Shabbos.  Winter arrived in Jersey. We got a bit of snow Saturday night.    It is all gone now, but it is blustery this morning.

This weekend, my mom's decline hit a low point.   Not sure if she will bounce back from the latest set back.  I was with my dad and/or her all this weekend.   Please keep my dad in your thoughts/prayers. He is having a difficult time with all the changes in his life.  Thank you @hennypenny and @sunala for your good thoughts. I so appreciate them. Heart

On a happier note, my son is coming home for Thanksgiving. YAY!!  I can't wait to give that kid a hug!!   Yes, I know he is not a kid any longer. lol  Fingers crossed the possible strike at O'Hare doesn't impact his travel too much.

I am hosting Thanksgiving.....my favorite holiday.   No gifts....no cards....no tree....no craziness......it is all about the food! lol YUM!

This week, I have to go grocery shopping shopping, clean my house and get the guest room set up for my dad, who is staying overnight.  Oh.........and prepare and cook..................so much to do, so little time.

Wishing you all a memorable Thanksgiving.   I hope your table is filled with good food, laughter, and great conversation.   For those missing a loved one, I hope all your happy memories put a smile on your face.

@dmod nj I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's condition. I will certainly continue to keep good thoughts for her, as well as for your dear dad.

And your big boy is coming home yippeeeeeee! I bet he loves his mom's cooking, and something tells me you will be preparing his favorites for Thanksgiving. That's what the holidays are for!

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving!!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@dmod nj I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's condition. I will certainly continue to keep good thoughts for her, as well as for your dear dad.

And your big boy is coming home yippeeeeeee! I bet he loves his mom's cooking, and something tells me you will be preparing his favorites for Thanksgiving. That's what the holidays are for!

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Thanks very much  @sunala. I appreciate the good thoughts very much.

Yes, my big boy is coming home!!   I am so excited to cook all his favorites.  I'm so looking forward to spending time with him.

Wishing you the very best  for Thursday!!  Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Wishing all who read and post here a peaceful and meaningful Thanksgiving.

(((@dmod nj)))❤️  My prayers for your mom, your dad, and of course for you and all your loved ones.   Please remember to take gentle care of yourself, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  Thanks so much.Heart  I'm trying to follow your wonderful advice.

Wishing you all the best for a happy Thanksgiving. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Donna, Your parents will be in my thoughts. 

Im so happy that your baby is coming home. Only one of mine will be here. They will always be our babies, it never changes!

Have a fun time cooking! Both of my sons are cooks and always want to do thanksgiving. I told them when I croak they can do the cooking!

love to everyone here.

So much for which to be thankful, and much to do to care for others.. It is a small world, we need one another.

xoxo, henny