Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & a Happy July Weekend to All

[ Edited ]

oxox, I am sorry that at 93 your father had to endure surgery. I hope he is on the mend, and will be feeling better quickly. The hospital is no picnic.

Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe. 

My heart goes out to all those that lost loved ones over the past week.  Terrible times. 

Wishing all of you a pleasant weekend whatever you do. 

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Wishing everyone a Good Shabbos and relaxing weekend.  Hope it is not too hot where you live.  

It was a long day, but didn't want the night to end without coming by.

Today is National Chocolate with Almonds Day.  Enjoy!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Okay, Donna, here's the deal. If no one looks I am going to sneak a bite of that candy bar. That way it won't raise my sugar------. 

Thinking about your mother. 

---henny

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Shabbat Shalom all, its been a long few days in my life my Dad was in the hospital for 10 days, he started with 10 hours in the ER the week before July 4, it progressed to hernia surgery which we knew might happen and well try to stay away from hospital over a holiday weekend, nothing got done. He was moved twice the nurses on the cardiac floor were amazing but the ones on the general surgery floor were well nasty and condescending, I literally told one yes he is 93 but he is not senile, treat him with respect. Long long days for myself my other half and my brother.

G-d bless him he is 93, he cant hear well but wow he is still really on top of things.

@I am still oxox I am so sorry to hear that your dad had to be hospitalized and have surgery. I hope he is recuperating well and will soon be home. You sound like a very good, loving daughter to take such good care of him. It's so hard, but so rewarding as well. 

Best regards and refuah shlema to your dear father. May he soon be well. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Okay, Donna, here's the deal. If no one looks I am going to sneak a bite of that candy bar. That way it won't raise my sugar------. 

Thinking about your mother. 

---henny

@hennypenny  all of my treats are sugar free, fat free, calorie free, all bad things free...........without sacrificing taste and satisfaction. Smiley Wink  Enjoy!!

Thank you henny for the good thoughts. Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no adequate words to express how I feel about what's happening in the world around us.   I echo the loving thoughts on this comforting thread, and offer special healing prayer for your dad, @I am still oxox, and your mother, @dmod nj, and all who are in need of prayer.    I hope the remainder of the weekend will be peaceful for all.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I have no adequate words to express how I feel about what's happening in the world around us.   I echo the loving thoughts on this comforting thread, and offer special healing prayer for your dad, @I am still oxox, and your mother, @dmod nj, and all who are in need of prayer.    I hope the remainder of the weekend will be peaceful for all.Heart

Thanks so much, dbd. Smiley Happy

I agree about feeling inadequate to express what has been happening around us.  I just keep trying to make a positive difference. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My internet was out for the last 3 days, so I'm just stopping by to hope you all had a good shabbos.  What a horrible week this has been in this country; I'm afraid it's not stopping any time soon.

@I am still oxox, I hope your father gets well soon!

@dmod nj  I can't find the post about your mom but hope she is well!

See you all at the end of the week....Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

@kutira thank you so much for the kind words.   She is doing as well as possible.