Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All - Friday June 8

I still have to read this thread, but I justed wanted to wish you all a good week. 

Enjoy an egg cream for dessert. 

https://whatscookingamerica.net/History/NYEggCreamHistory.htm

Image result for egg cream

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

I still have to read this thread, but I justed wanted to wish you all a good week. 

Enjoy an egg cream for dessert. 

https://whatscookingamerica.net/History/NYEggCreamHistory.htm

Image result for egg cream

hi @dmod nj - I was brought up on egg creams!! There's nothing like them in the whole world, if made correctly.

Mr. Sunny worked in a candy store when he was a teenager and makes the very best egg creams. We don't indulge very often but when we do, he makes them so good. Of course, we need the right syrup (Fox's U-Bet) and seltzer from a real seltzer bottle, so when you're adding it, the spray has to hit the side of the spoon to make all the foamy goodness. SO GOOD!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

My mom was from the Bronx. She made them for us when we were kids.  I can still get the "right" syrup in my local grocery store. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj

Hi I grew up in the Bronx and  Fox's Ubets was the syrup to use to egg creams, oh I love them, you will see them on the diner menu sometimes

I just looked and they sell both the chocolate and vanilla and sugar free versions on Amazon

@dmod nj wrote:

My mom was from the Bronx. She made them for us when we were kids.  I can still get the "right" syrup in my local grocery store. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@dmod nj

Hi I grew up in the Bronx and  Fox's Ubets was the syrup to use to egg creams, oh I love them, you will see them on the diner menu sometimes

I just looked and they sell both the chocolate and vanilla and sugar free versions on Amazon

@dmod nj wrote:

Yes, sometimes you can find them on a diner menu, especially in the summer.  I was in the Throgs Neck section of the Bronx last summer.   We found it on a diner's menu and enjoyed one for dessert!  DELISH!