Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All Fri Nov 13

Shabbat shalom! 

Vive la France!

Esteemed Contributor

I have been in touch with my dear friends in Paris. Thérèse is not about to leave...yet..but there has been a huge exodus of French Jews and now there will likely be more. These terrorist monsters just want to destroy everything and everyone who represent freedom of religion and western laic values. The terrorists have obviously ramped up their campaign of hate, destruction, and murder. I just learned that an American exchange student died at the concert, a 23 year old design student from California. A second American, also at the concert, is undergoing surgery.

Those who follow me on these boards know how much I love France. After 21 visits I love it even more. I've been crying for France during the last 24 hours, for a beautiful country that these terrorist monsters are trying to destroy with their barbarism. Ultimately, the country of liberté, egalité, & fraternité will triumph, but the whole freedom loving world is at war with the ignorant destroyers. Vive la France!

Respected Contributor

Prayers for your family Shama and for all the people of Paris.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I have been in touch with my dear friends in Paris. Thérèse is not about to leave...yet..but there has been a huge exodus of French Jews and now there will likely be more. These terrorist monsters just want to destroy everything and everyone who represent freedom of religion and western laic values. The terrorists have obviously ramped up their campaign of hate, destruction, and murder. I just learned that an American exchange student died at the concert, a 23 year old design student from California. A second American, also at the concert, is undergoing surgery.

Those who follow me on these boards know how much I love France. After 21 visits I love it even more. I've been crying for France during the last 24 hours, for a beautiful country that these terrorist monsters are trying to destroy with their barbarism. Ultimately, the country of liberté, egalité, & fraternité will triumph, but the whole freedom loving world is at war with the ignorant destroyers. Vive la France!

Vivian Florimond thank you for joining us. Our world is turning upside down with all the hate and violence that's being spread around. I agree with everything you said 100%. The terrorists are trying to destroy the western world including our history, our culture and our people. I have no solution and wouldn't post it if I did, as we aren't allowed to post anything political. 

For me, this thread is a port in the storm. We share our prayers, our love and our hope. I am so sorry for your friends, for Shama's family, and for all the innocent people who were killed and injured. 

I heard that there is now a credible threat against Washington DC. When I wake up the morning, I'm afraid to turn on the television for fear of what may have happened during the night. 

Prayers for our country and for the free world. And yes, Vive la France! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett