Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All - Fri. July 14

@mustang66lady. If you live anywhere near a good Jewish deli, they should have chicken soup w/ matza balls. Check around. It's worth. If you can't find a deli, purchase the mix in the box at the grocery story...even comes w/ an envelope of soup, but can just use any chicken broth. They're very easy to make. Next time you go shopping, check the aisle that has "foreign food" or ask at info desk, & just read the box. My kids are making them. So easy!!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning from Jersey. Smiley Happy

Good Shabbos and happy weekend!  Hope you are enjoying the weekend and the weather is cooperating. 

Sunny, your thoughts and prayers are perfect.  They fill me hope and happiness.  Thank you! 

If anyone making matza balls need a taste tester, I'm your gal! lol I'll be glad to help you make them for a chance for some good eating!! lol 

This weekend, we are tackling some long over due house/garage chores.  Dont' be jealous of my exciting weekend. lol 

This weekend is National Peach Weekend.  Enjoy!  Mangia! 

grilled peaches with ice cream 

Image result

Raspberry peach lemonade 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

donna, we have been working on our garage for a month. I figure I will be six feet under before we get done.

The peach ideas look heavenly. Our nectarine is producing now so am going to try the brushetta using them it looks wonderful!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@mustang66lady. If you live anywhere near a good Jewish deli, they should have chicken soup w/ matza balls. Check around. It's worth. If you can't find a deli, purchase the mix in the box at the grocery story...even comes w/ an envelope of soup, but can just use any chicken broth. They're very easy to make. Next time you go shopping, check the aisle that has "foreign food" or ask at info desk, & just read the box. My kids are making them. So easy!!!

@Shanus

I will have to try to find a place in St. Louis-there is a Jewish community there but I am not familiar with that area.  I have seen the box mixes but still would prefer to taste one before attempting to make one.  I think it's kind of like hush puppies in Southern cooking-if you haven't had a good one, you might not know what you are missing. I kind of get the same idea about the matza balls-if you don't try a good one first, you might not know what you are missing!  You have more confidence in me trying to make these than you should.  Thank you for that!  More than that, thank you for letting us share in this memory of your family.  Woman Wink