Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All Fri July 13

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

Good Shabbos! 

Happy weekend to all.  Hope you have some fun plans and the weather cooperates. 

Sunny, thank you for your eloquent prayers for the children. I wish the same. 

I will keep everyone who posted here in my prayers.  I'm sorry for any issues you are dealing with.  Sending you strength and patience in a hug.

For all those moving and starting a new adventure somewhere new, I wish you luck and happiness.

Today is  National French Fry Day.   One of my favorite food days in the calendar. lol    Mangia!

Image result for french fries

sweet potato fries 

Image result for sweet potato french fries

https://www.bhg.com/recipes/potato/11-french-fry-recipes-that-will-shock-your-taste-buds/

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Blessings to all who come here to find peace and friendship.  Thank you @sunala for your faithfulness to this thread and us.

@reiki604

I'm so happy you are giving us good news of coming thru your recent fight with cancer.  It is a blessing and encouragement to read.  I drove today for the 3rd time since my recent surgery-my "advice" to you is to concentrate while you drive-I find myself getting distracted at things that have changed since surgery!  I have to keep telling myself I'm driving, not a passenger.....  Be careful as you venture out.  

@ShanusThank you for sharing your own struggles with your mastectomy and recovery.  That must have been a scary time for you - you were a pioneer!

And I think your idea for your Dear Mother's birthday is wonderful!  Hope you have a wonderful evening.  

(Sorry for some reason part of this sentence "disappeared" when I first posted.)

Honored Contributor

Good shabbos, it looks like it will be a nice weekend in the NY area, I am zapped today must be too much sun at the pool yesterday

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Shabbat Shalom to those who observe. I am finally on the mend after my 2nd bout with Breast Cancer and subsequent mastectomy. Thank goodness it was found early and removed. We're not sure how effective the reconstruction will be since the area was irradiated the first time. No matter, all is well. Off to the oncologist today to discuss further treatment options. Tomorrow will be my first day back behind the wheel and I have all sorts of contraptions to cushion myself. It's been an adventure, one that is ongoing and hope never to repeat. I encourage all to get their mammos and whatever else your doc suggests. Breast Cancer has become like a chronic diease as out of about 20-30 people I know who have had it and treated it, all but 1 has had a recurrance despite all the treatment they received. 

hi @reiki604 - I'm so sorry to hear about your mastectormy. Prayers are being sent your way for a successful reconstruction! Please be careful when you drive. We don't realize how we sometimes get preoccupied and forget where we're going. It's happened to me after not driving for a couple of days, and I basically lose track of where I am. It's so easy for my mind to wander without realizing it. Stay safe and healthy, please. We need you here.

Prayers to everyone who is going through health issues. There's sure a lot of that going around. Please keep a special prayer for my BFF who is going through some serious health issues right now. I just want her to get well so she can come back up north and spend the summer here, exactly where she belongs. We've been friends our entire lives and this really hurts my heart. 

Good health to all our Shabbos Shvesters! xoxox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I am late to the party this week, but hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Sabbath.

Respected Contributor

I want to thank everyone for their kind wishes. This is the first time, in my many years on the boards, that I posted something so personal and to tell the truth I was hesitant to do so. This thread is such a warm and caring place that I felt safe in doing it and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Reiki, your post gives us all courage and stregnth.

I hope your recovery is quick. Please take care and get the rest you need.

xoxo, henny

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@reiki604 wrote:

I want to thank everyone for their kind wishes. This is the first time, in my many years on the boards, that I posted something so personal and to tell the truth I was hesitant to do so. This thread is such a warm and caring place that I felt safe in doing it and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

@reiki604  Thank you for trusting us and feeling safe to share your personal story here. 💕

Frequent Contributor

Wishing everyone a good week. I hope all who have medical challenges will continue to heal and gain strength as the summer goes on. As a breast cancer survivor myself I know it takes time to get back to full speed. Relax and take care. Bubbie