Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All Aug. 16

@dmod nj wrote:

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Hope your week was a good one.   It was very productive here.  So much so, we may adopt our contractor. Woman Very Happy

Hope your weekend is filled with all the fun things you love.  Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary.  We'll be exploring a local lake and going to dinner on the lake.  The weather is going to be perfect for a day out. 

Please keep the children in your prayers and thoughts. 

Sunny, I look forward to ending my crazy week with you and everyone who drops by this inclusive thread.   

@hennypenny  I need 2 zucchinis for Sunday's dinner.   Please pick them up for me? 

Yesterday was Julia Child's birthday and National Lemon Meringue Pie Day. 

Help yourself. Mangia! 

Image result for lemon meringue pie

Lemon Meringue Cheesecake

Image result for lemon meringue cheesecake

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

Image result for lemon meringue cupcakes

@dmod nj- Happy Anniversary to you and mr. dmod!! Wishing the best of everything to you on your special day. It sounds like perfect weather for being outdoors and celebrating your love. And that lemon meringue looks pretty good too, but please no cheesecake in between the layers! Enjoy!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@FLBB wrote:

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely ladies.  Wishing all of you a beautiful weekend filled with good food, good friends and good weather.  All good.

Sending prayers and cyber hugs to all those poor children existing without the loving arms of their families.  May God bless their little hearts.

@FLBB- thank you and amen to all the children. May they be safe and be surrounded by lots of love from their families.

Esteemed Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

Happy weekend to all.   It's nice to read some are going to have nicer weather.   

Prayers for all the children; may they be with their families soon, and for those returning to school, may they be in safe surroundings.  Thanks to all the teachers.  

Flood waters here are slowing going away.  Most rivers and creeks are back to normal levels but there still is a lot of water trapped with no place to go-will just have to absorb into the ground or evaporate.   Last weekend we received 9 inches of rain in just a few hours which caused more flash flooding and causing people to lose their homes.  Hopefully fall will be a kinder season for all.

@mustang66lady  - OMG 9" of rain? Prayers that it goes away quickly and that the rain stops. Amen to all the children. I hope they all will have lunch to eat every day they're in school. Many of them don't, and it just breaks my heart. No child should go hungry ever.

Honored Contributor

It's always reassuring to read here each week, to feel the camaraderie and warmth.   Happy anniversary to @dmod nj and Mr. dmod!   Cheers to you!   @mustang66lady,  I'll add my prayers for your flood waters to recede and for normalcy to return.   Thank you, Sunny, for this thread and for your compassionate spirit.   I echo all the prayers and good wishes, and send my love to all. ~❤️~

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@mustang66lady wrote:

Happy weekend to all.   It's nice to read some are going to have nicer weather.   

Prayers for all the children; may they be with their families soon, and for those returning to school, may they be in safe surroundings.  Thanks to all the teachers.  

Flood waters here are slowing going away.  Most rivers and creeks are back to normal levels but there still is a lot of water trapped with no place to go-will just have to absorb into the ground or evaporate.   Last weekend we received 9 inches of rain in just a few hours which caused more flash flooding and causing people to lose their homes.  Hopefully fall will be a kinder season for all.

@mustang66lady  - OMG 9" of rain? Prayers that it goes away quickly and that the rain stops. Amen to all the children. I hope they all will have lunch to eat every day they're in school. Many of them don't, and it just breaks my heart. No child should go hungry ever.

@sunala 

Since the rivers and creeks have pretty much returned to normal levels, a lot of the rain did go away except that which is trapped in lower lying areas with no way to drain.  The waters did cause some schools to delay the new school year from starting but not by much.  I too worry about how the children are fed but also worry about their safety.  No parent or child should have to be concerned with the safety of the school.  It's a sad day when even the unspoken line is crossed and children are shot at school.  

Super Contributor

Sending Sunny and all our posters cyber hugs and blessings for a healthy and fun weekend!  Let's always be thankful for all we have and pay it forward❣  Reva