Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All Aug. 16

Shabbat Shalom, and a very happy and healthy August weekend to all!

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here.

A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence is very important to us all Heart I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. 

Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their parents and their loved ones.

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Now, even more than ever, may our leaders find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our security and well-being. G-d bless America!

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for your sacrifice and for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY ALL THE CHILDREN BE SAFE, under the care of their loving parents and family, in their homes, their schools, their temples and churches, and anywhere people gather.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day and make sure they know you love them.

Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All Aug. 16

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends,

I hope everyone has a peaceful, productive weekend.

Our normal saturday going to Farmer's mkt and then adding a gathering of friends downtown in my town.

It is supposed to be nice and cool. 

Keep the children in need in your thoughts and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends,

I hope everyone has a peaceful, productive weekend.

Our normal saturday going to Farmer's mkt and then adding a gathering of friends downtown in my town.

It is supposed to be nice and cool. 

Keep the children in need in your thoughts and prayers.

@hennypenny  Henny that sounds like a fun weekend! Friends and fresh produce and good cool weather? Who could really ask for more? Enjoy xoxox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy 

Hope your week was a good one.   It was very productive here.  So much so, we may adopt our contractor. Woman Very Happy

Hope your weekend is filled with all the fun things you love.  Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary.  We'll be exploring a local lake and going to dinner on the lake.  The weather is going to be perfect for a day out. 

Please keep the children in your prayers and thoughts. 

Sunny, I look forward to ending my crazy week with you and everyone who drops by this inclusive thread.   

@hennypenny  I need 2 zucchinis for Sunday's dinner.   Please pick them up for me? 

Yesterday was Julia Child's birthday and National Lemon Meringue Pie Day. 

Help yourself. Mangia! 

Image result for lemon meringue pie

Lemon Meringue Cheesecake

Image result for lemon meringue cheesecake

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

Image result for lemon meringue cupcakes

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Prayers for a peaceful weekend.

We are heading for another heat wave ...weekend and next week look HOT and HUMID. I don't mind hot but humid ..ugh.

Hope you all enjoy whatever you do.

Honored Contributor

Hope everyone has a pleasant and peaceful weekend!!

Trusted Contributor

Happy weekend to Sunny and all our friends here.

May it be a safe, healthy and peaceful one to all.

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj , Consider it done!

I actually planted some in my garden. Beautiful leaves, gorgeous blossoms, but no zucchini. I truly don't understand. I don't buy GMO plants or seeds so that can't be it.

Must be the same stinking critter that ate all my grapes about a week before they were ready to pick.

My neighbor has a bumper crop so I used one of her giant zucchinis to make a "lasagna" using thin  slices of the zuc instead of pasta.

Thank you for the lemon meringue pie. My fav pie in the world.

I am so happy to hear your house is progressing so well and with people that you like!!!!

henny

Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely ladies.  Wishing all of you a beautiful weekend filled with good food, good friends and good weather.  All good.

Sending prayers and cyber hugs to all those poor children existing without the loving arms of their families.  May God bless their little hearts.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy weekend to all.   It's nice to read some are going to have nicer weather.   

Prayers for all the children; may they be with their families soon, and for those returning to school, may they be in safe surroundings.  Thanks to all the teachers.  

Flood waters here are slowing going away.  Most rivers and creeks are back to normal levels but there still is a lot of water trapped with no place to go-will just have to absorb into the ground or evaporate.   Last weekend we received 9 inches of rain in just a few hours which caused more flash flooding and causing people to lose their homes.  Hopefully fall will be a kinder season for all.