Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 9-6-19

Shabbat Shalom. Help for all those left homeless by the storm. Don’t forget their pets who were left behind. 

9BAB73F5-29FA-46EE-82D9-885267F54822.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good shabbos and happy weekend to all.

My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by Dorian. We have family in NC, but so far, they are okay. They don't live near the coast.

Sunny, thank you for remembering the children.

@Jamma I will remember your friends in my prayers.

Today is National Coffee Ice Cream Day.

Enjoy and mangia!

Coffee Ice Cream Pie https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/coffee-ice-cream-pie/9295532b-6046-4909-9d09-e77ad2ca9495

Layered Coffee Ice Cream Dessert https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/layered-coffee-ice-cream-dessert/

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@Jamma wrote:

Happy and safe weekend to Sunny and allour friends here.

Thought and prayers to all fighting this hurricain.

I had defistating news from my dear friends of 51 years, he was diagnosed with a large brain tumer.  They won't get the biopsy news for a few days.  My heart is broken for them.

@Jamma-I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. May he recover and live a long and happy life. Please take care of yourself. You can't help him if you're so worried. Prayers to him and his family and to you for strength. xoxox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching for many hours, as most of have, the destruction and the battered aftermath of emotions coming from this horrific Dorian.

Sometimes it is too painful to hear their trembling voices speaking of loss, EVERYTHING GONE. 

Hoping for any word of a loved one, many have just the clothes on their back that have been worn for days while feeling totally lost as many are wandering around.

Tonight, a woman from one of the rip torn areas in the Bahamas looked into the camera with such an emptiness of helpless beyond her understanding, as she 'waits' ~.

She said if only everyone could know that the little things we take as for granted are so important

,,,  ~if only,,,,,,,

Her closing few words were how very precious ~  ``PRECIOUS a cold drink of water is``, as she continued,

whispering above a timid voice;     ~~ 'I can tell you (my) each glass of water that I receive is more precious than diamonds' ,,,,,,

She moved me to tears.  

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Good shabbos and happy weekend to all.

My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by Dorian. We have family in NC, but so far, they are okay. They don't live near the coast.

Sunny, thank you for remembering the children.

______               Heart

I posted a small  message that affected me,

and oh how true were your words: AFFECTED.. - @dmod nj 

Thank you @Shanus , along with each caring soul. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy, peaceful, blessed and thankful weekend to all.

@Jamma 

Words cannot express how you must be feeling and will keep your dear friend in prayer.

@NAES1 

Thank you for sharing that sad story.  I can't even look at the footage of what Dorian did to the Bahamas.  It just makes me sick and the fear that the surviviors had to go thru, now the emptiness of having lost everything and possibly loved ones - it's too much.  

Thank you @sunala  and for all who contribute here and for those who read.  Wishing all knew this peace right now in their lives.