Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 9/13/19

Shabbat Shalom, and a very happy and healthy weekend to all! **Prayers to all those who were affected by Hurricane Dorian. This storm has devastated the Bahamas and there are so many victims.

*** Prayers to those who lost loved ones in the attacks of September 11. It's hard to believe that 18 years have gone by and yet that horrific day lives crystal-clear in our minds. As each anniversary rolls by, I swear to myself I will not watch the ceremonies commemorating those who lost their lives, but yet I can't not watch. I feel like I owe it to the victims and their loved ones, out of respect. So I watch, I cry, and I remember as though it were yesterday. May their souls rest in peace and may we never see the likes of that ever again.

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here.

A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence is very important to us all Heart I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. 

Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their parents and their loved ones.

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Now, even more than ever, may our leaders find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our security and well-being. G-d bless America!

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for your sacrifice and for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY ALL THE CHILDREN BE SAFE, under the care of their loving parents and family, in their homes, their schools, their temples and churches, and anywhere people gather.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day and make sure they know you love them.

Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 9/13/19

Enjoy a peaceful and happy weekend, good Shabbos!!

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos and Happy Weekend to all! 

Sunny, thank you for your thoughtful words regarding the hurricane, the children and September 11th.  

We are having family visit over the weekend. I prepped as much food as I could today.  House is cleaned and set up for overnight guests.  I just need to do a few things in the morning, and then I can enjoy my company. 

I hope you all carve out a few minutes for yourself this weekend to do something YOU want to do. 

Today is National Peanut Day.    Enjoy these chocolate covered peanuts.  Mangia! 

Chocolate Peanut Clusters

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely people.  Those chocolate covered peanuts look so delicious. 

In light of all those poor souls who lost their lives because of the hideous Dorian hurricane I just count my blessings that all I have to endure is so minor.  Rest in peace to all those people.

Hugs being sent to those kids still without the loving arms of their parents and families.  Praying that they're reunited soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @sunala -your words are beautiful and thoughtful.   This has been a difficult 9-11 for me and I appreciate your thoughts.   

@dmod nj 

I would like a pound of those candies to go please!

Honored Contributor

Good wishes for a safe and peaceful weekend, thank you to dear Sunny for reminding us to pause, be mindful, compassionate, supportive, and grateful.  

My love to you all. ~❤️~

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Happy and healthy weekend to Sunny and posters.  I feel so blessed each Friday when I come here to read everyone's posts.  Special thanks to Sunny for continuing to uplift all of us each week with your kind words and remembering all those who need prayers for strength and encouragement.  You are such a bright light and blessing to everyone❣ 

Reva

Esteemed Contributor

@Reva wrote:

Happy and healthy weekend to Sunny and posters.  I feel so blessed each Friday when I come here to read everyone's posts.  Special thanks to Sunny for continuing to uplift all of us each week with your kind words and remembering all those who need prayers for strength and encouragement.  You are such a bright light and blessing to everyone❣ 

Reva

@Reva- thank you so much. That's very kind of you, and you are all blessings to me and everyone!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Happy weekend to Sunny and all our friends,

May it be happy and safe. Take good care.

Honored Contributor

We were away for the weekend in beautiful upstate NY on Lake Ontario. 

Hope everyone had a peaceful weekend.