Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 7-19-19

Shabbat Shalom, and a very happy and healthy weekend to all!

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here.

A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence is very important to us all Heart I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. 

Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their parents and their loved ones.

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Now, even more than ever, may our leaders find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our security and well-being. G-d bless America!

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for your sacrifice and for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY THEY BE SAFE in their schools, their temples and churches, and anywhere people gather.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day and make sure they know you love them.

Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 7-19-19

Hi all.   I hope everyone is staying cool and being careful when walking their dogs.  It's so hot in so many places, they are opening cooling centers for those who are in need, and putting out constant warnings.  It's supposed to be around 98 to 100 here today and tomorrow, with a real feel of 110 to 114.   The humidity is really high too.   

Wishing you a wonderful weekend with a lot of laughs, smiles, love and happiness.

Honored Contributor

Happy and Safe weekend to all. 

Hope everyone has a cool place to spend the weekend ..it is going to be  a scorcher

Thank You Sunny for your heart of inclusion and kindness.

Well...no doubt Summer is here.. that's for sure! My outfit for the weekend will be a swimsuit...and a cover upWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen this thread for awhile and never clicked on it. What beautiful words @sunala   We need this positivity and good thoughts in our lives more. We are so bombarded with such horror and negativity. 

I hope everyone has a peaceful and restful weekend. To those that work thank you for keeping the world running on the weekends. If anyone can thank someone whose working this weekend for being kind tell them they are doing a good job. 

Take care in the heat. ❤️

By the way @sunala  I love love love black and white cookies. 

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

Hi all.   I hope everyone is staying cool and being careful when walking their dogs.  It's so hot in so many places, they are opening cooling centers for those who are in need, and putting out constant warnings.  It's supposed to be around 98 to 100 here today and tomorrow, with a real feel of 110 to 114.   The humidity is really high too.   

Wishing you a wonderful weekend with a lot of laughs, smiles, love and happiness.

Thank you @nyc1 ! It's so hot here as well, and the humidity is stifling. Thankfully there are cooling centers, as well as malls and movie theaters to cool off and spend a few enjoyable hours in the chilly air. I just had a memory of my mother calling out to me to "take a sweater," even on days like this. I'd roll my eyes (as daughters are apt to do), but she'd tell me I'd be sorry. I have to say, sometimes she was so right! These days I take a sweater wherever I go, even if I leave it in the car. Sometimes it's absolutely freezing in restaurants brrrrr

Stay cool and take care!

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos, please stay comfortable in this extreme heat!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@godi wrote:

I have seen this thread for awhile and never clicked on it. What beautiful words @sunala   We need this positivity and good thoughts in our lives more. We are so bombarded with such horror and negativity. 

I hope everyone has a peaceful and restful weekend. To those that work thank you for keeping the world running on the weekends. If anyone can thank someone whose working this weekend for being kind tell them they are doing a good job. 

Take care in the heat. ❤️

By the way @sunala  I love love love black and white cookies. 

hi @godi - you are welcome to drop by anytime. So nice to meet you! That's a very sweeet thought, to thank those of us who have to work in this heat, many times outdoors and indoors with no air conditioning. I feel terribly bad for those people, and I echo digo's thanks to all of them for the jobs they do.

Please be careful of those terribly violent thunderstorms that seem to pop up out of nowhere. They are very dangerous, so take the advice of the experts and seek shelter if you are outdoors and heed their warnings!

Drink a lot and don't do anything crazy, like jog. Ahem, no chance of that happening here. I've got the air conditioner, a nice book I'm enjoying, and a large iced coffee to keep me company. Enjoy!!! Oh and PS, enjoy your black and white cookies! Make sure you keep them refrigerated in this weather or they will melt!

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom! Please everyone, stay safe and hydrated this weekend.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Good shabbos all heading home from the DE shore early tomorrow, 10 am ferry than the trip up the Garden State home, hopefully the traffic will not be crazy, I think since the ferry comes in at 11 30 we should miss much of the beach traffic

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Happy weekend to all.   May your air conditioners continue to work, your water stay cold, and your travels be safe.   Is anyone living in a place that is not about to spontaneously combust?!  If you do, stay there!   You're not missing anything, but all of us may come for an extended visit if this heat and humidity continue!