Super Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 6-7-19

Sunny...I so enjoy reading your Friday posts.  They are uplifting and full of hope and love for each other.  To you and all those who post and respond, thank you and may you all enjoy a blessed and enjoyable weekend❣  Reva

Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Hi all, Smiley Happy 

Good Shabbos and happy weekend to all.  

Sunny, your thread is a peaceful, inclusive thread I look forward to visiting each week.  

This weekend, the weather is going to be beautiful. I have plans to do some yard work  if my allergies cooperate!  *achoooooooooo* 

Recently, we moved to central NY/Syracuse area. Hubby's job transferred him, so here we are!    The move was not one we wanted, but here is where life took us.   In some ways, it is a big adjustment. In other ways, not so much.    Please keep a good thought/prayer for us.  I am grateful for my lovely home, husband's job which he loves, but I MISS Jersey/home/family/friends.  Starting over,(volunteering, friends, etc. ) at this age, is difficult.  

My thoughts are with the children.........as Sunny so eloquently posted in her weekly prayer. 

Today is National Donut Day.  Enjoy! Mangia! 

Image result for platter of assorted donuts

@dmod nj- thanks for the donuts! I'll have a jelly filled if there are any left.

Good luck in your new home! May there always be joy, good health and happiness wherever you are!

Image result for good luck in your new home

Hugs, Sunny XOXOX

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you for your kind,  uplifting, positive words.   It has been difficult, at times, to remember  to be thankful/grateful for this new adventure since we really didn't want to be on this adventure.   But...........in the moving process, we've heard of many people our age who are dealing with health issues, loss of job issues, and negative  life altering issues.   All of that  put this move in perspective for me.  

Technology has made keeping in touch so easy.  

I have a dependable car and can drive home to Jersey when I want/can.   

@DREAMON  when you pass through this general area in September, I'll wave to you.  Smiley Happy lol  If you need anything, stop in.   I'll be glad to host you. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Thank you for your kind,  uplifting, positive words.   It has been difficult, at times, to remember  to be thankful/grateful for this new adventure since we really didn't want to be on this adventure.   But...........in the moving process, we've heard of many people our age who are dealing with health issues, loss of job issues, and negative  life altering issues.   All of that  put this move in perspective for me.  

Technology has made keeping in touch so easy.  

I have a dependable car and can drive home to Jersey when I want/can.   

@DREAMON  when you pass through this general area in September, I'll wave to you.  Smiley Happy lol  If you need anything, stop in.   I'll be glad to host you. Smiley Happy 

@dmod nj ,

How sweet....I know change is difficult when you have family close to you. We moved almost 2 hours away from our kids from PA to the South Jersey Shore in 2012. We travel to see them a lot in the Winter and they come and stay with us most weekends in the Summer. 

It will all work out....I will be thinking of you!

Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj 

Best wishes to you in your new home----shall miss you being a fellow Jersey girl.

Happy weekend to Sunny and all.

I think this is the first dry weekend we have had in quite some time.

Enjoy, be happy and safe.

Honored Contributor

I ottally missed this thread yesterday, Hubby was off and we were at the town pooli in there afternoon, sun can do funny things to your head

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.