Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 6-7-19

Shabbat Shalom and a very happy and healthy weekend to all!

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here.

A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence means a lot to us all Heart I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. 

Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their parents and their loved ones.

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

Now, even more than ever, may our leaders find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our security and well-being. G-d bless America!

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for your sacrifice and for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY THEY BE SAFE in their schools, their temples and churches, and anywhere people gather.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day and make sure they know you love them.

Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 6-7-19

[ Edited ]

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends,

Hope for a peaceful lovely weekend for everyone.

No plans here, just doing spring cleaning and cleaning the gardens. The gophers think they have found the perfect residence. I am not a happy camper, but can't kill things. They ate two beautiful zucchini plants last week---Cat Mad

Sunny this has become a second home. a safe neighborhood to seek peace.

Honored Contributor

Sending Weekend Peace and Happiness to all who post here.

Thank You to Sunny for her kindness each weekend.

I feel like the Summer is already flying by. There is so much we want to do in the Summer but too often we run out of time.

Enjoy whatever you doWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi all...   so happy it's FRIDAY.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Hoping everyone gets to enjoy some good weather, relaxation and some good laughs.  Sing, dance in your kitchen, and be happy.  Hugs to all.

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos, Shevout begins after Shabbos, happy holiday!!

Honored Contributor

Hi all, Smiley Happy 

Good Shabbos and happy weekend to all.  

Sunny, your thread is a peaceful, inclusive thread I look forward to visiting each week.  

This weekend, the weather is going to be beautiful. I have plans to do some yard work  if my allergies cooperate!  *achoooooooooo* 

Recently, we moved to central NY/Syracuse area. Hubby's job transferred him, so here we are!    The move was not one we wanted, but here is where life took us.   In some ways, it is a big adjustment. In other ways, not so much.    Please keep a good thought/prayer for us.  I am grateful for my lovely home, husband's job which he loves, but I MISS Jersey/home/family/friends.  Starting over,(volunteering, friends, etc. ) at this age, is difficult.  

My thoughts are with the children.........as Sunny so eloquently posted in her weekly prayer. 

Today is National Donut Day.  Enjoy! Mangia! 

Image result for platter of assorted donuts

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj , My thoughts will be with you as you transition to your new home.

It must be difficult.

You seem to be a person who will make friends wherever you land, so in a bit it should seem better. At least you are not too far from "home".

Thanks for the donut. I threw caution to the wind and had one to salute your move!

I too, worry about the children. We must always work to help those who cannot do for themselves!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Weekend to all!  Thanks to Sunny for starting this place of peace each week.  

@dmod nj 

I agree, I believe with your personality that you will have lots of friends soon.  Life can move us all on at anytime and it is wonderful to read your thankfulness for things when everything is so new to you.   Sometimes it is hard to keep looking up when everything around you is unfamiliar. 

Please keep those of us in the Midwest and in flood areas in your prayers as well.  Critters are being displaced from their normal living areas as the waters are stagnate.  Not unusal to find snakes and other less desirable animals in the yard.  Pray for the children for sure as many have lost their homes and recovery will take months.   Farmers are not going to have a good season.  Many roads are shut down for who knows how long.  And still the rain keeps coming.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy weekend, everyone!   I support and join you in all the prayers and good wishes in this welcoming thread.    @dmod nj,   Congratulations on your move...  you know that old saying that we "bloom where we're planted"?    You'll do that!   With your innate substance and strength, your spirit and joie de vivre -- I can feel it in my soul that you and your husband will thrive (and bloom!) in your new home.🌻   

NEWHOME.JPG

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My love to all who read and post here!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj ,

Best of Love, Luck, and Happiness in your new home and surroundings. 

We will be driving through Syracuse in September. We spend a weekend on Lake Ontario in Pulaski NY every Fall.