Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 2/17/17

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends,

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

We are getting slammed by a storm.

We  wished for rain and now need to build an ark. Actually we live at the top of a hill and so far are ok. One of the windows in the guest room won't crank shut so I have towels everywhere mopping up. mr henny went out and tried to force it closed but it is so wet it wont budge.

Donna, I had a dream that you came over and we made   kitty black and white cookies (no sugar) . I think It was because a Donna from your neck of the woods called into the Q last night, so was thinking about you.

Well, time to change the towels----lol!

henny

Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely people.  For those of you living in the path of those rainstorms I'm hoping that you won't experience any flooding. 

Have a wonderful weekend filled with fun, good food, friends and family.

Regular Contributor

I know this late, but have a wonderful weekend to all.  It's Saturday here in Malaysia, and I just squeaked in before the end of Friday for my fellow posters.

Stay warm and dry.

Lechat

Respected Contributor

Lechat, it's great to hear from you!

How is your adventure coming. 

Anything exciting you can share?

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Henny. I don't always have a good internet signal, but I will try from time to time.

A family emergency with my dil has put our travel plans on hold for a few weeks, but I have been all around Kuala Lumpur, and had many wonderful meals .  Shopping in huge fancy mega malls seems to be the favorite pastime. Hopefully, we will be going to Melaka and Singapore soon. I also want to see the orangutan rehabilitation center which is in Borneo, (Malaysian part).

Respected Contributor

Lechathouse, it sounds as though you are having a marvelous time. 

What has been you favorite meal so far?

I always eat my way through countries when I travel.

I hope that the family emergency isn't too serious, and that you will get to see the rest of your wish list.

Thank you for giving us a peek into your wonderful trip!

xoxo, henny

Honored Contributor

I'm late, too!   Echoing all the warm thoughts on this thread.   Thank you, @sunala!   @hennypenny, and all who are in the path of storms, special prayers for you.   @I am still oxox, I hope you have a lovely birthday!   @Lechathouse, I hope and pray your family emergency is resolved and everyone is well.   To all who post and read here, my love to you.❤️    May the remainder of the weekend, and the week ahead, be safe and may you only have adventures that give you joy.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Blessings for all who read this thread and especially for those who don't-you don't know the blessings you are missing. 

Again, thanks to @sunala for this thread.  What a haven of peace it has become.   I am still trying to get to "know" everyone but I so enjoy and love the blessings and peace this thread is.  It has been a busy and exhausting week and weekend so far and I admit, I am not at my best but hope to be able to join in more as time passes.  Peace to all.   Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you EVERYONE for joining in our weekly discussion!

Please remember you can never be too late to post, even if Shabbos is over. There is always room for prayers, best wishes, regards and good thoughts.

@Lechathouse- you sound like you're having a great time. I'm sorry your daughter-in-law is not feeling well. Hopefully she will be able to join you soon in your travels. Being that you mentioned shopping, do you recognize any of the stores? Are there the usual Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds and other chains?  I love to look around and see the similarities as well as the differences in people and locations when I travel around. Although, I have to admit I've never ever been to that side of the world. I actually had no idea where Malaysia was. I had to check a map of the world to find it.

I wish you all good weather wherever you are. Hopefully no floods, blizzards, droughts, or terrible heat waves in your part of the world. Spring is on its way!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett