Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 12-14-18

@sunala wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

@sunala  I was going to make Latkes for the holiday but never got around to doing it. Shame on me.  I know my husband loves them.  Maybe I'll surprise him with a batch next week....   why not?  THey are delicious no matter what the date!!!! 

Tomorrow our family is getting together to celebrate Channukah, Christmas and birthdays.  Basically a celebration of just being together.   We haved such a mix on all sides of the family and appreciate that we can all be together as a family.  I was going to bring a Kugel,  but I've been asked to make my Cheesecake,  and since my time is limited...   a cheesecake it will be. 

Wishing you all a HAPPY, SAFE and SATISFYING weekend.  HUGS to all.  xoxo

Wow @nyc1 - it sounds like you're going to have quite a celebration! I understand about not necessarily getting together on the actual holiday, but all getting together when we can all be there. That's the BEST!

So, tell us about your cheesecake? I don't do well with cheesecakes. I think I tried to bake a cheesecake once in a springform pan and it leaked and made a mess all over the oven. Not a great memory to remember!

Have a beautiful weekend!

@sunala  I think your pan may be faulty.  Sometimes it's good to wrap foil around the bottom,  but it really shouldn't leak unless your batter is like water (which it shouldn't be).   May be time for a new pan!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Weekend to All 12-14-18

@nyc1 wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

@sunala  I was going to make Latkes for the holiday but never got around to doing it. Shame on me.  I know my husband loves them.  Maybe I'll surprise him with a batch next week....   why not?  THey are delicious no matter what the date!!!! 

Tomorrow our family is getting together to celebrate Channukah, Christmas and birthdays.  Basically a celebration of just being together.   We haved such a mix on all sides of the family and appreciate that we can all be together as a family.  I was going to bring a Kugel,  but I've been asked to make my Cheesecake,  and since my time is limited...   a cheesecake it will be. 

Wishing you all a HAPPY, SAFE and SATISFYING weekend.  HUGS to all.  xoxo

Wow @nyc1 - it sounds like you're going to have quite a celebration! I understand about not necessarily getting together on the actual holiday, but all getting together when we can all be there. That's the BEST!

So, tell us about your cheesecake? I don't do well with cheesecakes. I think I tried to bake a cheesecake once in a springform pan and it leaked and made a mess all over the oven. Not a great memory to remember!

Have a beautiful weekend!

@sunala  I think your pan may be faulty.  Sometimes it's good to wrap foil around the bottom,  but it really shouldn't leak unless your batter is like water (which it shouldn't be).   May be time for a new pan!

@nyc1- thanks for the advice but I doubt if I have it anymore. This happened many years ago. I don't even know why I was baking cheesecake in the first place because I don't like it, nor does Mr. Sunny.

I rarely bake anymore. Last winter I got on a banana bread kick and saved every banana I had and let them turn brown. I baked the most delicious banana breads with all sorts of fun stuff inside.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett