Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Summer Weekend to All! 7-28-17

[ Edited ]

@hennypenny wrote:

Sunny, sorry to have hijacked your thread, but I'm having too much fun.

We already have two of those big red thingees, and I still cant find anything. 

We bought two of those big metal shelving units for his stuff and I talked him into the bins for them.

After forty plus years we are somewhat used to each others neurosis. I like things labeled and he folds his dirty clothes before putting in hamper.---I couldn't live without him.

Look at the bright side....his dirty clothes are in the hamper!! 

I hear ya and understand.....in August, we'll be married 32 years.  We're together almost 37.  We are used to one another, just like you and mr. hennypenny. We really  like each other most days. LOL  A sense of humor has kept us together.  He makes me laugh!!  I tease, I am the best darn thing that ever happened to him.  He wholeheartedly agrees using his sense of humor.....which makes me laugh.  I think you see a pattern here.  Lots of laughter in the donna house. lol lol 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

lol!

Respected Contributor

Sunny, it is  cool and lovely right now, but just received a warning on my phone for a red flag issue. We are due to have fifty mph winds and ten percent humidity at five this eve until tomorrow.  Scares me to death. We are up in the hills in what is known as a fire area.---grrr.

Honored Contributor

Stay safe, @hennypenny

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Sunny, it is  cool and lovely right now, but just received a warning on my phone for a red flag issue. We are due to have fifty mph winds and ten percent humidity at five this eve until tomorrow.  Scares me to death. We are up in the hills in what is known as a fire area.---grrr.

@hennypennyThat sounds scary. Please stay safe! I guess everywhere we live has some type of weather hazard.

Do you all keep a "to go" bag just in case? I guess it's something we should all do, but I always figure we'll have enough time to pack a (small) bag with our important stuff. Except...I don't know how to pack a small bag. I'd probably pack everything except the curtain rods! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

The winds were to start at five, but so far we have had none. hopefully it will stay calm all night.

We have had a couple of drills for evacuation, and two actual evacuations.

All important papers are in a seperate file that we can grab. Cat carriers are by the front door during "fire season" We have a gas turnoff valve at the house rather than the street.  We have lists. The first time we had no underwear and forgot address book and other important things.  Things to grab---bibles, baby books, my fathers shofar, a few other items, computer,  meds etc. The rest stay.

Thank you for thinking about us. 

xoxo, henny