Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy Summer Weekend to All! 7-28-17

@Shanus wrote:

Shabbat Shalom to all my sisters! I'm going to my DIL for Shabbat dinner (who would have believed?). I'm so proud. Of course, the kids asked me to bring matza ball soup. Sure hope they grow out of this.

I gave them Shabbat candle sticks when they got engaged and she now knows all the prayers now and is anxious to show off all she's learned from the Girls. 

As a side note: We were discussing the Holidays and she surprised me when she said, "Yom Kippur begins on Shabbat. That means we read the 'red print' for Sabbath & it'll be a long service for the Girls....especially if they do Havdallah". Well, after I caught my breath, I agreed.

I must say, I'm so proud of her. Although she never converted and is Catholic, she committed to raising the granddaughters Jewish and she isn't missing a beat! 

Oh @Shanus!

NO-never wish they would "grow out of this!"  I know you must tire of this but it is important.  And yours must be the best or they would "grow out" of it!   I hope they learn to make them from you although I do know you said your grands are making them for themselves now. 

And I'm so proud of your DIL!  I am Christian, not Catholic though, but our son in law is Jewish, and my husband (grandmother was Jewish) and step daughter are part Jewish ( and she is also Mormon on her mother's side) although raised Episcopalian.  Jesus was a Jew also.  It is so very important to remember the entire picture.  Your DIL has a great teacher in you!   I have a feeling they know the treasure they have in you!

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Shabbat Shalom to all my sisters! I'm going to my DIL for Shabbat dinner (who would have believed?). I'm so proud. Of course, the kids asked me to bring matza ball soup. Sure hope they grow out of this.

I gave them Shabbat candle sticks when they got engaged and she now knows all the prayers now and is anxious to show off all she's learned from the Girls. 

As a side note: We were discussing the Holidays and she surprised me when she said, "Yom Kippur begins on Shabbat. That means we read the 'red print' for Sabbath & it'll be a long service for the Girls....especially if they do Havdallah". Well, after I caught my breath, I agreed.

I must say, I'm so proud of her. Although she never converted and is Catholic, she committed to raising the granddaughters Jewish and she isn't missing a beat! 

Oh @Shanus!

NO-never wish they would "grow out of this!"  I know you must tire of this but it is important.  And yours must be the best or they would "grow out" of it!   I hope they learn to make them from you although I do know you said your grands are making them for themselves now. 

And I'm so proud of your DIL!  I am Christian, not Catholic though, but our son in law is Jewish, and my husband (grandmother was Jewish) and step daughter are part Jewish ( and she is also Mormon on her mother's side) although raised Episcopalian.  Jesus was a Jew also.  It is so very important to remember the entire picture.  Your DIL has a great teacher in you!   I have a feeling they know the treasure they have in you!

@mustang66lady Thank you for your touching reply. I think the "treasure" forms a huge circle!! 

Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to those who observe. Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy weekend.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone, Smiley Happy

I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday and weekend.  We are doing some long overdue house chores.  It feels so good to scratch them  off the never ending to do list!! 

Good Shabbos to all who observe. 

Wishing you all a calm week ahead.  Friday will be here before we know it. 

Thank you Sunny for your thoughtful prayers. 

It is National Lasagna Day.  Mangia!!  Glass of wine? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Hi Donna, 

I am trying to do a big chore a week. We have also made up a list so we can have a handyman come in. mr henny no longer climbs up on the roof or up in the trees etc. It feels wonderful when things get accomplished.

I have a Lean cuisine Lasagna in the freezer. Maybe I will have it for lunch and pretend it is yours!

I make lasagna now with eggplant instead of pasta. Hard being diabetic!

Have a good week!

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Hi Donna, 

I am trying to do a big chore a week. We have also made up a list so we can have a handyman come in. mr henny no longer climbs up on the roof or up in the trees etc. It feels wonderful when things get accomplished.

I have a Lean cuisine Lasagna in the freezer. Maybe I will have it for lunch and pretend it is yours!

I make lasagna now with eggplant instead of pasta. Hard being diabetic!

Have a good week!

Hi @hennypennyHeart 

We try to do that too. Some weekends, it is hard to accomplish that goal. 

My husband does not climb up high anymore either. Gutters, trees, etc are all done by hired help.  The lawn care and landscaping trimming  is done by a lawn service. I take care of some of the outside work to save a little money.  Hubby is very talented and good at some household work, so he does what he can given his time. It feels so good to get cross items off the list.  I get such pleasure out of crossing it off. LOL 

Hubby is a...let's save it. You never know when we may need this.........kind guy.  I am a.....if we haven't used it, thought about it or needed it in a year it goes..... kinda gal. LOL    He is a pile guy. Put it in a pile to clean up kinda guy.  I am a go through it and decide where it will live, everything has its place kinda gal. 

How are we still married? LOL LOL   

When you own a home, it is a never ending project. So, there is always a list of things to do.  

I'm grateful I am still young  and healthy enough to do it.  Well, that is what I tell myself when I am *itching about the all the chores. LOL LOL 

I've made eggplant lasagna! It was delicious.  I've done it with zucchini too. I'm not a big pasta eater, so I don't ever miss it.  My husband LOVES it. Neither one of us has diabetes issues. 

Have a wonderful week.  See you on Friday. Smiley Happy 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Donna, you had me laughing.

You two sound like us.

Today we were running errands---fertilizer for lawns and fifty rose bushes, then Orchard hardware where I persuaded mr henny to buy some new see through bins for him to put tools etc in. He said he doesn't  need them cuz he knows where everything is. Well, I don't, I want to be able to find things in the chaos in the garage. We have been working on the garage for over a month. 

We have a gardener who mows and trims hedges etc. We do the daily piddly stuff and all the watering.

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Donna, you had me laughing.

You two sound like us.

Today we were running errands---fertilizer for lawns and fifty rose bushes, then Orchard hardware where I persuaded mr henny to buy some new see through bins for him to put tools etc in. He said he doesn't  need them cuz he knows where everything is. Well, I don't, I want to be able to find things in the chaos in the garage. We have been working on the garage for over a month. 

We have a gardener who mows and trims hedges etc. We do the daily piddly stuff and all the watering.

@hennypennyyou must have heard me over the weekend. lol We were discussing storage for some of mr. donna's tools.  He wants one of those red metal storage units for $$$$$$$$.  

I suggested clear bins.  He looked at me like I was nuts!! lol  I am nuts, but what does that have to do with clear bins? LOL  

I don't care what he buys, as long as he keeps the garage organized and cleaned up.  Like you, I can't find anything in there when I need it.

I told him when you  put something back, put it back in the same, dedicated space, so I can find it.   I don't care how he organizes, just label and organize it.

If I were to do it, I would have clear bins, labels on everything and things categorized and sorted differently..............................but I'd like to stay married . LOLLOLLOL

My husband, like so many others, is a loving, kind, funny smart man.  I am blessed.  So, I live with all his craziness.   He, however, is married to perfection. Smiley Wink Smiley Wink  He'll tell you, just ask him. Smiley Wink LOL  

Respected Contributor

Sunny, sorry to have hijacked your thread, but I'm having too much fun.

We already have two of those big red thingees, and I still cant find anything. 

We bought two of those big metal shelving units for his stuff and I talked him into the bins for them.

After forty plus years we are somewhat used to each others neurosis. I like things labeled and he folds his dirty clothes before putting in hamper.---I couldn't live without him.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone for posting this Shabbos. You're all so genuine and kind and loving. I love reading your posts and appreciate all your comments and thoughts.

I wish you all a healthy and happy week. Nice weather here today, so I'm happy. Hope you have it too.

Stay cool and hydrated!

Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett