Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy March Weekend to ALL 3-12-21

Good Shabbos Sunny friends,

Please have a safe peaceful weekend. 

Almost passover, time is flying. Wish the Q still sold items.

Donna, mr henny is thrilled about the soda bread. He can't wait!

We are finally having some winter weather. Almost two inches of rain.

Trusted Contributor

Good Shabbos @sunala and all of you.  Did we miss Purim?  My family bought me some great hamantashen (sp?).  I finally got my first Pfizer shot, too.  It is going so slowly in NE.  

I'm sure we'll be having corned beef & cabbage this next week.

@dmod nj your irish soda bread looks fantastic!

Have a wonderful weekend! 

images.jpg

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Super Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all you lovely people.  Wishing all of you a wonderful weekend filled with sunshine and good food. 

Sending prayers to those children still without the loving arms of their families. 

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj ,

I love Irish Soda Bread....my BF (born in Ireland)  use to make it in her grandmothers iron skillet that was passed down to her. She would bring me a hot delicious bread every St Pattys Day.

We now live hundreds of miles apart so that is no longer possible...boy do I miss special things like that.

Trusted Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all. Hard to believe it's Friday already. It seems as if this week has whizzed past. Lots of news, in my own life, around me and around of the world. I am grateful to have received my 2nd dose of the vaccine this week, and some other healthcare I needed as well. I hope all of you are equally taking care of yourselves. This is a time of change, which is by turns exhiliarating and disconcerting, inspiring and turbulent. It all takes all the patience and bravery I can conjure. I like to imagine myself as if balanced on a surfboard, letting all the currents and waves greet me, toss me around a bit, and wash over my toes but not upset me. 

There is great love everywhere. May all of us move from darkness into light and from fear into peace. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@dmod nj ,

I love Irish Soda Bread....my BF (born in Ireland)  use to make it in her grandmothers iron skillet that was passed down to her. She would bring me a hot delicious bread every St Pattys Day.

We now live hundreds of miles apart so that is no longer possible...boy do I miss special things like that.

@DREAMON Heart I'm sorry you are missing your BF. Smiley Sad  I miss my two dear Jersey friends so very much.  Between the miles between us  (220 and 235), and Covid, it's been a  very difficult year.   Hard to make any friends here due to everything being shut down.  

I am hoping the ability to join organizations/volunteer here, and making the trip back home to Jersey to visit them, comes soon. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@dmod nj ,

@DREAMON Heart I'm sorry you are missing your BF. Smiley Sad  I miss my two dear Jersey friends so very much.  Between the miles between us  (220 and 235), and Covid, it's been a  very difficult year.   Hard to make any friends here due to everything being shut down.  

I am hoping the ability to join organizations/volunteer here, and making the trip back home to Jersey to visit them, comes soon. 

@dmod nj,

I hope this is all over soon and we can get back to LIFE.

The past few months have really been difficult (much more so than the first months of Covid)...just too long.

Hope you get to see your friends and make new ones in the very near futureHeart