Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom & Happy March Weekend to ALL 3-12-21

I'd like to thank each and every one of you who post on this weekly Shabbat Shalom thread. Regardless of your religious beliefs, you are all so kind and loving. This is a beautiful QVC community filled with the most generous people, in heart as well as in spirit. I love you all Heart Heart

Shabbat Shalom and a happy March weekend to all!  I implore you all to follow your state's guidelines and stay healthy! Hopefully the vaccines that are out will bring us back to the way we were before. Mr. Sunny and I have had the first shot, with the next one in a few weeks. So far so good.

Although the numbers of Covid cases are going down, please, my friends, be careful and do what you have to do to be safe.

It's so rewarding to be able to come together here at QVC's message board every Friday and share our holidays together, regardless of our beliefs. I'd like to thank all you beautiful people who join us on Fridays, regardless of how and where you pray. I'd also like to thank QVC for allowing us to be here. A BIG WELCOME TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JOINING US TODAY, and welcome back to all our regular posters. Your presence is very important to us all. Heart

I'd also like to thank those of you who are having health issues and share your trials, tribulations and successes with us. Prayers for healing to each and every one of you. Prayers to all the children who are alone and frightened and no longer are with their parents. I can't say any more but may these poor babies soon be reunited with their loved ones. May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well. To those who have lost loved ones, know that they will always be with you in your heart.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life. Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones during this time.

Now, even more than ever, may our elected officials find the wisdom, maturity, courage, strength and sanity to make the right decisions for our health, security and well-being. G-d bless America! Good thoughts and thanks to our military who are protecting us from harm.

Special prayers for all the children...may they be happy, have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of their parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive, and be reunited with their parents. No child should ever be alone or go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. With the holidays coming up, please help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps.

May our own children and grandchildren be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness. And, MAY ALL THE CHILDREN BE SAFE AND HEALTHY, under the care of their loving parents and family.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better. Be kind to others. Don't fill up your shopping cart with toilet paper, Clorox and sanitizer when there are people who are walking out empty handed. Share your bounty and feel good about yourself.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent, a spouse, or a loved one recently, due to covid or otherwise. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong. Good health and happiness to everyone who shares their thoughts and prayers and good wishes with us every week. Hug your loved ones every day (if you're able to) and make sure they know you love them. Keep good thoughts and surround yourselves with love.

PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASKS (some experts are advising TWO masks), and please socially distance. It can save your life, or the life of a loved one.

With Love, Sunny 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy March Weekend to ALL 3-12-21

@sunala 

That's a beautiful post!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hope you all enjoy the weekend and have a safe, peaceful, and pleasant week ahead.

We had a nice taste of Spring weather this past week and I want more of that!

Prayers for Brighter Days to ComeHeart

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON 

It's high 70's here in the deep south of coastal GA and my bluebirds are building nests in our boxes, YIPPEE!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@sunala  This is to let you know that because of your Shalom postings, a few months ago I added on my Amazon DOT  Today In Jewish History to my Flash Briefings.

"R' Yakov Emden writes that the greatest miracle ever in world history was not the splitting of the sea. Not the 10 plagues. Not even Mt. Sinai. Rather, its the fact that there is still a Jewish people today. This flash briefing is brought to you by Rabbi Pinchas Landis of Partners In Torah of Cleveland.  The short daily segments will give you a snapshot of what happened on this date throughout Jewish history."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all on this beautiful weekend.IMG_0838.JPG

Respected Contributor

Wishing all Shabbat Shalom and a great weekend.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Wishing everyone a peaceful, safe weekend, enjoy !!!

Honored Contributor

Trumpet fanfare https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU1nokLTcNU

For the past three days, I've been enjoying spring  in Central NY.  Woohoooo!!  Blue sky, sunny, and in the high 50s-high 60s!!   The snowdrops, planted by the previous owners, have bloomed!!   I'm enjoying the spring tease while it lasts.  Tomorrow, back to the high 30s. 

This week, Gov. Cuomo lowered the age criteria for vaccinations. Mr. Donna and I had our first vaccines.  We go back at the end of the month for our second one.  I'm grateful and thankful.   The only reaction I got was a bit of itchiness...........nothing a Benadryl couldn't handle! 

I baked 4 Irish soda breads to mail to family around the country. Tomorrow, I'll be at the post office early!   Yes, it is expensive to mail.  But, it's a tradition for me to share it with them.  Covid, temporarily,  took away enough traditions. So, I'm mailing the loaves to everyone.   

I hope you all have a good weekend, whatever your plans.  

So, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, enjoy the Irish Soda Bread. Mangia!! 

Irish soda bread cut into slices

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Thank you to @sunala & all who post. Wishing everyone a Good Shabbos. May the weekend bring peace to you. So happy that DH & I received 1st Pfizer vaccine this week. No side effects to speak of. I can't praise enough the workers at the hospital for how organized & pleasant they made the whole experience. In & out in 30 minutes! We must keep on masking, hand washing & social distancing. We will be in a better place as time goes on!