Esteemed Contributor

Shabbat Shalom & Happy December Weekend to All 12/16

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe the Sabbath, and a very happy December weekend to all!  I hope you all have your holiday shopping done, whether it be for Christmas or Chanukah. It's such a beautiful time of the year.

A big welcome to all those of you who are joining us today. Good Shabbos! 

May all your loved ones be healthy, but if they are ill, may they soon be well.

To those of you and your family with health issues, may everything turn out well. May your medical tests and those of your loved ones come back with happy results. May your medical treatments be successful and may you live a long and happy life.

Sending prayers of healing and strength to you and your loved ones.

May our leaders who keep our country strong find the wisdom, courage and strength to make the right decisions for our security and well-being.

Good thoughts and thanks to our military. May they come home safely and SOON. Bless all the servicemen that didn't make it home; and to those who are serving, thank you for being there to protect our safety.

Special prayers for all the children...may they have good health, enough to eat and drink, a warm bed, and the abiding love of parents and family who will protect them. May the children survive and thrive. No child should ever go to bed hungry, nor should anyone else in our beautiful, bountiful country. Help the food banks if you can. Even a little helps. May our own children be healthy and happy, and shed no tears of pain or sadness.

May your parents be healthy and happy as well. I hope everyone's mom and dad and children are healthy, and/or getting better.

Condolences to those of you that have lost a parent or a loved one recently. May you find the strength to carry on, and hold good memories of your blessed loved ones to keep you strong.

Try to do a good deed for a friend or a stranger. They'll feel good, and you'll feel better.

May the best of everything come your way, today and every day.

Dear Donna, I hope your mom is resting comfortably. And we thank you for our delicious snacks! We always look forward to enjoying them!

Hugs,

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy December Weekend to All 12/16

Image result for happy holidays to all pics

Honored Contributor

A peaceful sabbath to all. Bundle up well chicks, Old Man Winter is blowing hard. 

I think Hanukkah and Christmas overlap this year? It's getting  close

Sunny ,I am pretty sure you are a Grandmother. I'd love to know what gift you, and others are giving to your grands for the holidays

Sadly we don't have any grands. It just wasn't in the cards for us

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

A peaceful sabbath to all. Bundle up well chicks, Old Man Winter is blowing hard. 

I think Hanukkah and Christmas overlap this year? It's getting  close

Sunny ,I am pretty sure you are a Grandmother. I'd love to know what gift you, and others are giving to your grands for the holidays

Sadly we don't have any grands. It just wasn't in the cards for us

@cherryyes I am a grandma. For Chanukah we give her Chanukah "gelt" (cash), plus 8 assorted gifts we think (and know) she'd like, and maybe a few extras for "just because." These can include iTunes gift cards, toiletries, cosmetics, jewelry and other little things. 

Mr. Sunny and I give each other little things as well, since we've just about run out of material gifts to give each other. We're at a point in our lives now that if we want something, we buy it for ourselves.

But I do have my eye on this diamond pendant....lol

Merry Christmas @cherry, and I'm so happy you post here every week. It means a lot Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to all who observe. Have a wonderful weekend to all.

Please stay warm and dry. Winter is letting us know who is the boss.

If it's possible, enjoy this day with someone that you love.

Lechat

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos, please stay safe and warm.

Honored Contributor

Happy weekend all. I hope you are all safe, warm and cozy.  So much of the US is under a brutal cold weather advisory.  This morning my son, who lives in Chicago, said it was 1  with the wind chill....and that was well after the sun came up.  

Good Shabbos to all who observe.

Thank you Sunny for your kind words.  My mom is being kept as pain free and comfortable as possible.

My prayers are with all those missing a loved one.  I hope your memories put a smile on your face and bring you comfort.

Aside from cooking/baking next weekend, I am about as ready as I can be for Christmas.  This weekend, I have to focus on giving my house a thorough cleaning.  Who wants to help? lol

Today is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day.  Enjoy the assorted variety of chocolate covered fruits, nuts, pretzels, potato chips, popcorn and  meringues.   Sugar free available.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Shabbat Shalom to those who observe. I hope that everyone stays warm and safe this weekend!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Echoing the heartfelt thoughts, prayers and good wishes.   @dmod nj, Your mom, and your family, continue to be in my prayers.    I hope everyone has a good weekend, peaceful, safe and comforted, and that we all remember to hold close those we love.   And even while being such good support to others, please remember to take good care of yourself, too, because you are unique and special!

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos dear Sunny, I am a bit upset that some one else has decided to start their own thread, this spot belongs to you and I am a bit miffed lol 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.