Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom & Happy 4th of July Weekend to All 7/3

It's wonderful to see so many people posting here today. Does my heart good Heart

We're going to a cookout tomorrow at a friend's house. I volunteered to bring appetizers. There are only six of us but I like to bring enough, as you know G-d forbid there shouldn't be enough!

Tonight about a half hour ago, I put a quiche in the oven. The contents were too big for my Pyrex pie plate and now as it's baking, it's overflowing on to the cookie sheet and getting under the crescent roll crust. Where are my brains? What will I do with it once I take it out and hopefully it will be edible? It's already 10:15pm. What will I do with it tonight? I can't put it in the refrigerator because it will be boiling hot. I guess I'll have to set my alarm for the middle of the night and check to see if it's cool so I can put it in the refrigerator. We're not expected there until 2PM tomorrow. I guess I didn't think ahead.  I don't want to give any of my loved ones food poisoning Woman Tongue

I'm also going to make a load of chicken wings, which are still in the butcher's wrapper in the refrigerator. I will marinate them before I get to sleep, and I will bake them tomorrow before we leave. 

Why oh why didn't I listen to Mr. Sunny and buy a prepared cold antipasto from the Italian deli???

As you can tell, I'm not a whiz in the kitchen!

Have a great night everyone xox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi Sunny,

Have a great time. I am sure all your goodies will be delicious!

Sometimes I miscalculate when figuring out when do prepare things. Wings are one of my favorite things to bring as an appitizer. I do a terriyaki marinade.

It will be just the three of us tonight. Usually we have a huge shindig, but didn't opt for it this year.

We will bbq, sit on our patio and watch the fireworks down on the beach.

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

What a busy weekend.  I hope you all had a wonderful July 4th weekend.

Good Shabbos.

henny, Sunny and Ellen, thank you for your good thoughts. 

Ellen, I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday.

Sunny, how did your cooking issue resolve itself? 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Smiley Happy 

See ya on Friday. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

Hi everyone,

What a busy weekend.  I hope you all had a wonderful July 4th weekend.

Good Shabbos.

henny, Sunny and Ellen, thank you for your good thoughts. 

Ellen, I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday.

Sunny, how did your cooking issue resolve itself? 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Smiley Happy 

See ya on Friday. Smiley Happy

Hi Donna, my cooking issue worked out great. The zucchini pie was a hit! And as far as the wings, I changed my mind because I remembered how much people love Pigs in the Blanket. So, that's what I made, and both dishes were complete successes. Isn't it amazing how those little Piggies always get eaten down to the bottom of the plate? I've never made a batch or two where they weren't totally devoured lol As far as the wings, they're in the freezer, waiting for the next time I get a brilliant idea lol

Thanks for asking, Donna. My cooking isn't always successful, but when it is, I'm so happy Woman LOL

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett