Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom, L'Shana Tova, and a Happy Weekend to All

Ate very early and then went to Hillel at the University.

Love being with the kids and professors.

Honored Contributor

Very nice we made dinner for dad and came home had a simple non traditional yontif dinner tomato soup with challah and grilled cheese.

We will be with my brother and dad tontie, lots of food

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Give them time.

Respected Contributor

I can only feel compassion for those who resent being wished a peaceful Sabbath. I have forgiveness in my heart for those who are so filled with anger and hate towards others that they miss the blessings of those around them.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Shabbat Shalom and L'Shana Tova to all who observe!

Happy New Year Sunny and others!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Hello Sunny, and All,

I've never posted here before, though I've occasionally looked in. I admire your threads. They express love, fellowship, history and community, without chest-beating or righteousness.

I have watched The Great War unfolding, determinedly continued and pursued by some who are determined to be eternally blind to the differences between the threads.

QVC has your back, as do others.

L'Shana Tova, and Peace.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Hello Sunny, and All,

I've never posted here before, though I've occasionally looked in. I admire your threads. They express love, fellowship, history and community, without chest-beating or righteousness.

I have watched The Great War unfolding, determinedly continued and pursued by some who are determined to be eternally blind to the differences between the threads.

QVC has your back, as do others.

L'Shana Tova, and Peace.

@Moonchilde thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot.

I've never compared our weekly thread to anyone else's. I don't read that other thread you're referring to. I never did and I have no intention of reading it in the future.

Why can't there be room for everyone?

@Moonchilde Please come back anytime and say hello. You are more than welcome to join us, anytime.

And I want to thank @Susan-QVC for her help as well. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Thank you, @sunala :-)

I'm really missing good deli! I was born and raised in LA and having things like blintzes, cabbage rolls, brisket and corned beef, fresh rugelach & so many other things when I wanted them, I took for granted. Now, I would have to drive literally hours to find anything similar, if I even could. Waaah! 😫

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Thank you, @sunala :-)

I'm really missing good deli! I was born and raised in LA and having things like blintzes, cabbage rolls, brisket and corned beef, fresh rugelach & so many other things when I wanted them, I took for granted. Now, I would have to drive literally hours to find anything similar, if I even could. Waaah! 😫

@Moonchilde here in NY, the Carnegie Deli is closing at the end of the year. The lines are already around the corner, with people taking pictures while lining up to get their last taste of their corned beef and pastrami. There are very few real Kosher delis in NY anymore. There used to be so many, and now only a handful.

There are Kosher-style but even so, not very many. Here on Long Island, we do have a Kosher deli nearby, but honestly, how often can you eat that stuff? It's wonderful but I don't really have a craving for it all that often and it's so unhealthy! My hubby loves it, but I can live without it, and sometimes order chicken salad or grilled chicken instead of the iconic corned beef and pastrami. I did recently order a brisket sandwich, with gravy on the side, and that was excellent, but not nearly as good as my mom used to make.

Are there no Kosher delis in LA anymore? I often see Larry David in one of the delis, with sandwiches named after celebrities as they have at the Carnegie.

Hmmm now I'm in the mood for a hot pastrami on rye with mustard and a sour pickle!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett