Respected Contributor

Re: Shabbat Shalom, L'Shana Tova, and a Happy Weekend to All

Shabbat Shalom and L'Shana Tova to those who observe. May your year be sweet and healthy. Wishing all a wonderful October Weekend.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@kutira wrote:

Good Shabbos and L'Shana Tova to all!  My wonderful sister is making dinner Sunday night.  She has gone with me to all of my apartment hunting.  I finally found a fantastic one and gave notice today!  However I can't actually look at the unit I will have until the current resident moves out next Friday.  I'll be back with details.  I'm tired and sweaty from the mysterious heat disease I have.

Hi @kutira I wish you the best of good luck on this new apartment you may be getting! I hope it all works out for you.

How lucky that you don't have to cook for the holidays. To me that is the biggest blessing, to have a loved one cook the holiday dinner. I still haven't bought a brisket, which I'd better find today. Most of the supermarkets try to pass off flank steak or some other kind of mystery meat as brisket because they look similar. Duh it's not brisket!

Baked goods will come from the bakery as well. I had high hopes and good intentions to bake, but life has a way of throwing a monkey wrench on our plans.

Everyone I wish you a sweet New Year and many blessings.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Good Shabbos Sunny and friends.

Wishing everyone a healthy happy new year. 

Hoping for wisdom , kindness and understand for all.

Good things for the planet and mother earth.

Empathy.......

Donna, I hope that things are good for your family. Thank you for all the special treats you concoct for us.

Sunny, pretend you are Ina G. and make it simple. Enjoy the day. Let the deli help! 

Bought some beautiful local honey today at farmer's.

L'Shana Tova!

henny

Honored Contributor

Good Shabbos and L'Shana Tova to all.

Happy weekend!!  Hope the weather is nicer near you than it is in Jersey.  It is cool and damp here.

Sunny, honey balls sound like a wonderful treat!!   I overheard a social worker, at my mom's facility,  talking about her bubbe (Did I spell that correctly???) making them for the family.  I was drawn to the conversation because I love anything honey.........but also,  Italians make honey balls, aka, struffoli, at Xmas time.  I used to help my grandmothers roll the dough when I was growing up.  The picture you shared looks so good. I'm ready to dig in.  YUMMY!

I hope everyone has a great week. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So my hubby who is Jewish asked by we used a round Challah on Rosh Hashanah and I really did not have a proper answer. Any one know the real reason other that it is tradition

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

So my hubby who is Jewish asked by we used a round Challah on Rosh Hashanah and I really did not have a proper answer. Any one know the real reason other that it is tradition

@I am still oxox

A round challah is used - symbolizing fullness and completion.

http://www.aish.com/h/hh/rh/guide/Rosh-Hashanah-Infographic.html?s=mpw

Why Round Challah?

http://www.aish.com/h/hh/rh/guide/Why_Round_Challah.html?s=mpw

Honored Contributor

@GATORGIRL

Thank you so much for the info 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@sunala

Please read the below post from some one on another thread

Trusted Contributor
RetRN

Re: Sunday's Positive Pals and Grateful Gals

I guess Shabbat Shalom isn't an issue but we are.  

To say I am upset about this comment is putting it mildly this is not a prayer thread but a greeting that Jews use nothing more nothing less.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@sunala

Trusted Contributor

To say I am upset about this comment is putting it mildly this is not a prayer thread but a greeting that Jews use nothing more nothing less.

@I am still oxox hi, can you tell me which thread this is on? I'd like to read it. I just have to remember that the book is open so I have to behave myself!

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@sunala

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox I found it. Nasty is as nasty does. Oh well. We are so above that nonsense. Over the years, we've come through the storm and found the peace at the other side.

I am so grateful to everyone who posts here. We are all-inclusive and welcome everyone as long as they behave themselves. There is no room here for a bad attitude.

I noticed that several posts were removed from that thread. I guess there were several derogatory posts. Oh well.

I hope you all had delicious dinners with your loved ones. I am very full!

L'Shana Tova. Happy New Year!!

xox Sunny